TCase Transfer case re-clock

Transfer case
TCase Transfer case re-clock

Armyvet25

Beach Runner
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 83 CJ7, 2012 JKU, 1995 YJ
241c Chevy Transfer case, I think 84-97ish, case has c16120 on it, what's involved in re-clocking a TC, other than unbolting and turning it...
Also, if anybody familiar with the NV3500 Chevy 5 spd, I have access to a 241 Jeep TC, how hard to mount to the NV3500...direct? Adapter needed?, would actually be a tough enough TC and clocked right for a CJ.
I'll contact Novak as well, thought I'd ask to forum first.
I probably should have mentioned I want the Chevy TC 180 degrees from left to right, I understand this poses new problems with the linkage, but, if the Jeep 241 can be used, I know the the current setup has 32splines, not sure what the Jeep 241 has.

Last edited:
https://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/np-nvg-input-gears

Good info on the 241 from Novak.

found this also....

Input & Output Specifications​

The NP241 was manufactured in two distinct input formats. These versions utilized either a 27 or 32-spline female input. The 27-spline version was used with the T350, 4L60E and 700R4 transmissions. The 32-spline model was used with the T400, 4L80E and five-speed transmissions. The NP241 was equipped with a slip-yoke rear output.

Good how to...

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1...s-helps-make-a-transfer-case-better-than-new/

Hope you find some of this useful.

Last edited:
Had no idea that ring fit four different trannies...

Had no idea that ring fit four different trannies...
Man I've dug through a lot of forums, tech articles, and such to find out information on what I was trying to do. There is no telling what bookmarks I had on my old computer lol. Heck with today's tech and innovations its about limitless on what can be done. When I was visiting a friend in Illinois, a few bays down from his shop was a couple of guys who made adapters to put Honda engines in BMW's They were designing other adapter plates for various applications also. They had one CNC milling machine and a guy in the warehouse on a computer doing designs. But business was growing faster than they could.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom