Trans fill plug

Fill plugs are not always trans specific, a pic would help here. Right off hand though, if it is an exterior hex or torx, you could probably use a vise grip. If an interior hole type, it might require a large easy out for a broken screw. Then replace it with a more standard square or hex head. They are usually a 1/2" pipe thread. My $.02

Mine's a 4-sided convex

Sorry guys. This is a fill plug on the passenger side of trans. There id a pipe plug on the opposite side just lower than the fill plug on the passenger side. I believe the pipe plug on the drivers side is the sight hole. I found an allen that fits the fill plug but it's hard to get to. I think instead of checking level, I'll just change the fluid out while itcs hot and will drain. That way there's no doubt it's full.

I got it figured out. Checked the levels in the tranny and transfer case. All good to go. I'll change them out in the near future. I didn't immediately get oil out of the fill plug as the manual states so I added a couple pumps of lube ril it started to come out. Transfer case was still full.

Make sure your tranny and t'case vents are clear of crud and working.
LG

There should be hoses going to each of the vents. The hoses go up into the firewall to provide venting and high enough for deep water crossings. The diffs should have them also.

In my CJ none of them did that, so I had to look a little closer to find them.

There should be hoses going to each of the vents. The hoses go up into the firewall to provide venting and high enough for deep water crossings. The diffs should have them also.

I'll have to look today. I know I have both vent hoses for the diffs. I don't remember seeing any other vent hoses.

I think vents with riser hoses are a great idea, but non of my CJ's had then. My transfer cases had/have them on the top on the rear propeller shaft housing. The transmissions had them on the top behind the shifter. Both have a lose fitting sort of a mushroom shaped cap.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks