Tranny chatter?

Tranny chatter?
Go too tremec's website

Go too FAQ's

T-5 lube ...world class t-5's synchromesh (prevents bushing and synchro de lamination)

T-5 lube.... Non world class t-5's dexIII (no laminated bushings or syncros)

Either will work one is less expensive.

Wrong-
The WC T5 uses ATF as per section 2, item 4 of the Tremec PDF.
http://www.tremec.com/anexos/TRSM-T5-0510-R1_173.pdf

AMC said to use DexIII, and burn'd up allot of T4-5 trannys(the WC T5 is not anydangthing like the Jeep T5)
Borg-Warner would not back AMC on this issue and AMC had to pay for the burn'd up units.
That is why the 'stink-oil' was developed.
Somewhere in history there is a TSB warning NOT to use ATF in the T4/5.
Penn, Synco is good and I have been run'n Valvoline syn 75W-90 in mine for many-many years.
Stay with the Penn syncro.:chug:
LG

Will do, thanks.

So are you all suggesting the chatter will go away with different oil, or that the use of incorrect oil has damaged the internals of his tranny? If so, what parts?

So are you all suggesting the chatter will go away with different oil, or that the use of incorrect oil has damaged the internals of his tranny? If so, what parts?

No promises/guarantees. Change to Pennzoil Syncromesh and see.
You got nut'n to lose at this stage.
LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks