Steering Tilt steering-28"?

Steering Tilt steering-28"?

Hotty Toddy

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'83 CJ7
Has anyone ever put a 28" GM column (preferably with tilt) in their CJ? I'm FAT and need more ROOM.
Thanks

ive seen gm columns in CJs the easiest ive found for us fat guys is a tilt from a YJ pretty much a direct bolt in

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Or an XJ column (pre airbag). The only thing that you should be aware of is that the YJ and XJ columns have a double D end, CJ's are splined. I picked up a YJ upper intermediate and swapped it for the CJ upper intermediate. Or you can get a new shaft and order it with the correct ends. (i think it is Flaming River that does steering shafts) With the Xj column and I think the YJ, you can plug the high beam connector into the column, and have brights on the column.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks