Tie rod ends- taper too short

Tie rod ends- taper too short

Basod

Active Jeeper
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'84 CJ7, 258, T4, D300, D30, AMC20, 3.54 gears
Bought left and right outer tie rods Crown brand.
Didn’t realize until tightening them up the taper is shorter and threads longer. Tried washers it still won’t torque without bottoming out.

Are they the wrong ones?

Attachments

• C92967A6-E469-4BED-A9EA-E89F3DAEF21B.jpg
    C92967A6-E469-4BED-A9EA-E89F3DAEF21B.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 18
Wrong manufacturer. Get your money back or toss them. Crown is junk. Get some good name brand. Went to Mt. Cheaha a couple of years ago. Pretty area

Thanks Belizean, should have known better, but was putting a cart together on Morris and threw them in as old ones are sloppy.
NAPA supposedly has them in stock local. Will report back in the am if they are decent and/or correct taper.

Didn’t want to work on her this weekend just enjoy it- these were my last safety punch list item.

X2 on Moog, Spicer was OEM.
Stay away from everydangthing marked Crown or Omix-Alda.
Nut'n but cheap China s:censored:t.......
LG

X2 on Moog, Spicer was OEM.
Stay away from everydangthing marked Crown or Omix-Alda.
Nut'n but cheap China s:censored:t.......
LG

I have been waiting for this. I bet you could wax eloquent on how crappy Omix and Crown are when you get a few beers in you.

I have been waiting for this. I bet you could wax eloquent on how crappy Omix and Crown are when you get a few beers in you.

I'd buy a round just to listen in!

They are at the bottom of the cess-pool, burried in s:censored:t, in the Jeep parts world. :biggun:

LG

They are at the bottom of the cess-pool, burried in s:censored:t, in the Jeep parts world. :biggun:

LG

I don't disagree, in general Omix/Crown are bottom of the barrel garbage but sometimes they are the only ones that make a particular part if you are unable/unwilling to fabricate a part.

I would love to see some of the quality aftermarket parts outfits make some of the more esoteric replacement parts.

Aaaand, we have now successfully hijacked this thread.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks