Th400 ?

Th400 ?

Peanut Butter

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ7 TH400 Automatic 258 I6 Quadratrac Amc 20 rear & Dana 30 front, 32 x 11.5 x 15 tires. Currently a Complete Custom Rebuild in progress.

Also I own a 2001 Jeep Cherokee, White, all stock with 4.0L. automatic, and police package. Best part of that is it came with leather seats! This package also has the NP242 Transfer Case, 8.25 rear end, and trailer towing package.
I have a 1979 CJ7 I6 with a TH400. On the right side near the top of the case is a small tube that looks like wire insulation without the wire. Is this a vent? If not what is it? Any suggestions on how to improve it to keep water out? Thanks, Rod

That should be a vacuum line for the E-drive vacuum motor on the transfer case.

No. I know all about those lines. This is on the automatic transmission case, near the top, right hand side, and close to the engine block. There is an indentation in the transmission case where this comes out. Rod

20130707_132015.jpg

Tried to insert a picture, but not having much luck.:mad:

Yes that is the transmission vent. You could put a large vacuum line on it and run it up the firewall then put a vent cap on it.

20130707_132015.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks