Table Mesa Road / Tip Top Mine / Packer UTV, ATV and Off Road Trail

Never heard of the town of Packer.Is it up the trail that heads to Milk Ranch towards CK.I know if you go left up over the hill you can see the lake.Then ahead about a mile or so you come to the old town of Columbia and Red Star Mine but there's a bunch of mines there.
I was always told the creek on the way to Tip Top was Boulder Creek.Anyway great article.We have pics of it back in the early 80's.I imagine a lot of it is gone now.
Mike:chug:

Last edited:
It is Packer, right before Milk Ranch. Columbia I believe is another trail and I heard that one is really rough too.

It could be called boulder creek, the road that follows it says cottonwood creek on google. I think i might change it.
thanks

I was looking at a old topo Boulder Creek starts on the South side of Tip Top.It looks like Cottonwood Creek drains into it.
I talked to someone couple years said they made it thru the Columbia route to Humbug.Guess civilization graded it in 06 and mining activity but that's just what I heard.
If your interested and I find those old pics of Tip Top and some of Ore Belle I can email them to you.
Mike

How is the Agua Fria crossing at Gillette?
I got a report that it is quick-sandy now since the big rains.

I really need to get out there myself. Its been a year already:mad:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks