T5 install

T5 install

b3uhbp

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7, 258, T5, Dana 300, Dana 30' AMC 20' Weber 32/36 carb, DUI HEI ignition, 2.5" suspension lift
Hello all. Just had a catastrophic failure of a bearing on the counter shaft in my T5. I’m told it is a rare break down but that’s my luck. It’s being rebuilt but my question is, when I reinstall it, is it easier to do it with the bell housing attached, or does it really matter? The reason I ask is that the threads in the bell housing are soft weak aluminum and tend to tear out. I was considering bolting the tranny to the bell housing and putting nuts on the inside to add strength. Any thoughts on my strategy?

Mount the bell housing to the engine first.
How old is your clutch?......
LG

Mount the bell housing to the engine first.
How old is your clutch?......
LG

Clutch, clutch clutch fork and throw out bearing all new. Why is it better to mount bell housing first?

What about the pilot bearing?
Then you only have 4 bolts to deal with.......
LG

What about the pilot bearing?
Then you only have 4 bolts to deal with.......
LG

Pilot bearing is new as well. Yes 4 bolts. 2 have already stripped out and been helicoiled.

Drill and re-tap to 1/2-13thd.
Use Allen head bolts.
LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks