SVT Raptor

SVT Raptor

Zuni

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7, 03 WJ
What's everyones opinion on the Raptor?

I went to look at one last night on the way home and have scheduled a test drive for today at noon pst, I'll let you know what I think of the drive later today.

What's everyones opinion on the Raptor?

I went to look at one last night on the way home and have scheduled a test drive for today at noon pst, I'll let you know what I think of the drive later today.

Damn sure look's like the fastest way to the mailbox to me!:driving:

This thing;

2010-Ford-F-150-SVT-Raptor-0002.jpg

They look pretty cool, most of the standard equipment is great and some of the options like a 6.4L V8 sound cool, but I'm not sure it's worth $41,000.

Just got back from the test drive. It's a love it or hate it truck but if you buy it it's because it fits your needs and not because you want a pick up.

First off the 6.2 isn't available yet which has 411 HP and 436? Torque. The 5.4 is fine but if I buy I'll order it with 6.2 (available to order Dec. 1).

It has lots of room, very smooth and comfortable, easy to live with for me. Has a short 5.5 ft bed but as I said it depends on what you'll use it for and that bed suits me fine. I drove it from 4600 ft up to 7300 ft and back down the mountain, through the twisties, and in gusty winds, and it was smooth, predictable, handled the wind gusts without issue, and never hunted or searched for a gear going uphill. I also got to drive it on a back road that was full of pot holes and the suspension on that thing made the ride smooth as hell.

I'm interested it as a replacement for my '03 GC Overland as I want something that has a pick up bed, can tow at least 5000lbs, I can take off road in places that I don't need my CJ, like in the open off roads (no rock crawling), and good in snow. My new job requires me to haul things between the plant, R&D, and the office and it's perfect for that. My commute is currently 80 miles a day and may go uo to 130 miles a day, and except for the gas mileage which shouldn't be too much different from the GC I like it. Wish it had a diesel but I don't think that will happen for about 2 years.

Oh yea and that graphics package isn't for me, but it can be ordered without it. Now what color? White, Black, Orange, or Blue?

Just got back from the test drive. It's a love it or hate it truck but if you buy it it's because it fits your needs and not because you want a pick up.

First off the 6.2 isn't available yet which has 411 HP and 436? Torque. The 5.4 is fine but if I buy I'll order it with 6.2 (available to order Dec. 1).

It has lots of room, very smooth and comfortable, easy to live with for me. Has a short 5.5 ft bed but as I said it depends on what you'll use it for and that bed suits me fine. I drove it from 4600 ft up to 7300 ft and back down the mountain, through the twisties, and in gusty winds, and it was smooth, predictable, handled the wind gusts without issue, and never hunted or searched for a gear going uphill. I also got to drive it on a back road that was full of pot holes and the suspension on that thing made the ride smooth as hell.

I'm interested it as a replacement for my '03 GC Overland as I want something that has a pick up bed, can tow at least 5000lbs, I can take off road in places that I don't need my CJ, like in the open off roads (no rock crawling), and good in snow. My new job requires me to haul things between the plant, R&D, and the office and it's perfect for that. My commute is currently 80 miles a day and may go uo to 130 miles a day, and except for the gas mileage which shouldn't be too much different from the GC I like it. Wish it had a diesel but I don't think that will happen for about 2 years.

Oh yea and that graphics package isn't for me, but it can be ordered without it. Now what color? White, Black, Orange, or Blue?

I thought the orange metallic is pretty hot looking:punk:, but then I'm a Longhorn.;)

It's a dealer but there are others.
Use a craigslist search engine to check: Search Tempest - The EASY way to search Craigslist!

Dealer craigslist ad:
2010 F 150 Raptor SVT 4x4

Okay, you win but the price is too high and it needs the 6. 2 Liter.

The dealers are asking a premium and that just isn't right in this economy. My dealer said no premium if I order it. I countered with a percentage lower than MSRP (15%), and I promose to tell eveyone how great the dealer is. Since I can't order until Dec 1st if I want the 6.2 he hasn't responded yet. I'm sure he will because we had a great banter going on, and he never said no. He just smiled and said we'll work it out.

The only thing holding me back is my wife, who said you can buy it, but I still think it's ugly. I hate buying something my wife doesn't approve of so we'll see where this ends. I personally think it's better looking than a CJ, but then most cars and trucks are. The CJ just has an appeal that goes beyond its looks. For all of us that own one it goes without saying.

Not to go off topic but my wife is more supportive of me buying a 56 Ford PU I found with no rust, straight body, Ford 9 inch, etc. I was considering keeping it all Ford and puting a 777 engine in it. That's 7 liters/700 HP/700 lb-ft of torque. My vision is to keep it looking somewhat vintage, but completely upgraded with a killer suspension and lots of power. Oh and also tow my '58 Airstream behind it. I can't have both so we'll see where this all plays out in the next month.

Go with the '56 you'll like it more trust me, LOL.
Those old fords are like jeeps the other old ford
owners are just as nuts and friendly as we jeep
people. Plus I just had to pass on a '56 ford too,
and still hate having done so.

Okay, you win but the price is too high and it needs the 6. 2 Liter.

The dealers are asking a premium and that just isn't right in this economy. My dealer said no premium if I order it. I countered with a percentage lower than MSRP (15%), and I promose to tell eveyone how great the dealer is. Since I can't order until Dec 1st if I want the 6.2 he hasn't responded yet. I'm sure he will because we had a great banter going on, and he never said no. He just smiled and said we'll work it out.

The only thing holding me back is my wife, who said you can buy it, but I still think it's ugly. I hate buying something my wife doesn't approve of so we'll see where this ends. I personally think it's better looking than a CJ, but then most cars and trucks are. The CJ just has an appeal that goes beyond its looks. For all of us that own one it goes without saying.

Not to go off topic but my wife is more supportive of me buying a 56 Ford PU I found with no rust, straight body, Ford 9 inch, etc. I was considering keeping it all Ford and puting a 777 engine in it. That's 7 liters/700 HP/700 lb-ft of torque. My vision is to keep it looking somewhat vintage, but completely upgraded with a killer suspension and lots of power. Oh and also tow my '58 Airstream behind it. I can't have both so we'll see where this all plays out in the next month.
photo.php

You guys are killing me!

Heres the one I'm looking at. It has the Ford 9 inch, IFS w/power rack, power disc brakes, Ford 5.0 and AOD trans all rebuilt. I could drive it like it is. Absolutley no rust anywhere. All it really needs to be driven daily is getting the seat redone.

By the way they sold the Raptor I drove for 5k over MSRP.

3k53o83lb5Oc5S55Re9b261310bf27db1146a.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom