storing full soft top for summer

storing full soft top for summer

hondo

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj5 304v8, 46 cj2a farm jeep, 42 gpw restoration project, cj2a/cj3a new project
i am working on cleaning out the jeep getting the full soft top cleaned and put away for the summer. but i don't want it to get damaged while storing it i have looked at some of the storage solutions from bestop and there is nothing that i like. where do you store your full top when not in use. i am thinking maybe a large plastic box maybe 3 foot by 4 foot.

I store mine inside the house and under the bed. The soft doors go in the closet.
LG

I only have a soft half top but store mine longterm just in the winter. In the spring through fall it is coming on and off too much based on the rain.

When I store it for the winter, I fold it up with a blanket protecting the window and put it on a high shelf in the garage where I won't be tempted to put anything on top of it.

I roll mine up and store it in the garage along with the doors. But I guess it depends on where you live and where you can fit it. I'm in TX.

thank you for the reply's my main problem is that i have no storage that things won't get piled on it or at some point in the year someone will move to a place where it will get damaged. thats why i am thinking a hard case. my doors are hung up on a pole for my 10x20 tent where i store most of my parts. any spring or fall showers are generally small enough the bikini top works

I just fold it and secured using velcro tape. I have these big U shaped brackets mounted on the wall where I place it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks