Stock Air Cleaner Housing to fit Power Brake Conversion

jbdoom87

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'86 CJ7
-Automatic Trans
-4.2 Straight 6
New owner of an '86 CJ7 Automatic. Love the thing so far aside from all the usual minor headache issues that need adressed. I bought a power brake conversion kit the Jeep-Guy and a 7" K&N air filter to replace the stock one so everything fits with the booster. Looking at the stock air filter housing there are a bunch of hoses and couple of wires connected to it. I live in FL (No Emissions) so can i just disconnect all of these? Do I have to plug anything or let them hang? Will it effect anything electronically or make the engine run any different?
Thanks for any help!! -Jason

So you didn't originally have power brakes?

What carb are you running?

I would think that the oem carb linkage would work fine, since it pulls from below, if those parts are still available.

Bypassing some or all of the emissions system is hit or miss in my experience . Your profile says its an 86. Does it still have the feedback carter bbd on it? In the end an hei ignition, either a no feedback bbd or motorcraft 2100 and it will run better. Also k&ns don't filter worth a damn unless you oil it often so keep up on it..

This site will tell you what everything under the hood associated with the emissions and the computer (getting rid of the computer is called the Nutter bypass). Table of Contents

The nutter is going back to a pre '83 igniton set up (no computer).Ignition (Some Mods)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks