Speedhut gauges ordered

Speedhut gauges ordered
You have a constant that draws 25mA at all times to learn the time it takes to grab a signal. By the time I start the jeep and get my seat belt on, it's ready to go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My speedometer was a bit wonky, but oddly enough the odometer has been right on the money. So, I've been using my car GPS for distance and speed, honestly it works very well, but I've wondered about tunnels and other places where the GPS can't get a signal. Weather doesn't seem to bother a higher quality GPS unit.

Some of the electronic ones speak of having a sending unit that runs odd the speedometer cable. You are supposed to drive a couple miles to calibrate it. I always wondered if the two input devices worked together, GPS for accuracy and cable signal for when the GPS isn't available.

Stumbled on these today while I searched out a matching set of new aux gauges to put in my new dash. Needed a 2 5/8 tach and was annoyed to realize how few make non-pedestal tachs in that size. Anyways the Speedo is expensive, but the rest of them are pretty darn reasonable compared to others on the market.

My only gripe is that there aren't any other options at 2 5/8 in the matching CJ format to replace the clock (which strikes me as a complete waste of money). Ideally want an oil pressure gauge in that spot. May go with the CJ speedo and then use their classic muscle gauges for the rest which are compliment the style of the Speedo although aren't a match for the other CJ gauges. Curious if anyone else pulled the trigger on the mix and match.

My current plan: Speed (CJ Style), 2 5/8 Tach (Classic Muscle), 2 5/8 Oil Pressure (Classic Muscle), Vacuum 2 1/16 (Classic Muscle) and Voltmeter 2 1/16 (Classic Muscle). Half thinking about swapping out a fuel pressure gauge for one of the 2 1/16 aux units but not sure if that's any more useful than the other two which seem more prone to telling you there is an issue

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Well Speedhut just got back to me and let me know that they can remake their 2-5/8 oil pressure gauge into CJ format which means no need to mix and match any more!

Well Speedhut just got back to me and let me know that they can remake their 2-5/8 oil pressure gauge into CJ format which means no need to mix and match any more!
That's great to hear that Speedhut still thinks that looking out after our old CJs is a good investment.

yeah - not looking forward to the disassembly and reassembly but looking forward to getting a clean new dash with working gauges up and going.

yeah - not looking forward to the disassembly and reassembly but looking forward to getting a clean new dash with working gauges up and going.
If you can, attach some pics of your removal and installation... :)

I have Speed Hut gauges in my Land Rover…..really really like them a lot. High quality gauges and the company is good to deal with if you have questions or want something tweaked.

Wouldn’t hesitate to use them in my CJ when the time comes to replace something.

Good luck

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
I wish there was a recent replica. Based on what I've read the ones available are cheap Chinese clones that don't last. I saw the Dakota gauges, but they didn't look stock. These look alright, but I think the stock CJ gauges look awesome.

You can get a very stock looking speedo from speed hut. I have one, other than the tach function it passes as stock.

I wish there was a recent replica. Based on what I've read the ones available are cheap Chinese clones that don't last. I saw the Dakota gauges, but they didn't look stock. These look alright, but I think the stock CJ gauges look awesome.

I've got the Dakota Digital CJ setup and they look just like stock except for the integrated tach and small display window for info and programming. I love the tach integrated rather than a separate one strapped to the steering column or hanging under the dash like so many people do. I did get the white face versions however, so a bit more of a non-stock look. But I also love how these connect via a BIM module to my engine's ECU to get additional data showing in the small display window. So a tach, a clock, additional info display, and programmable speedo for tire/gear changes, all in stock CJ dash openings and gauge cluster. And bright LED easy-to-read as well!

20190319_174517.jpg

Just got the notification that my Speed Hut gauges got delivered yesterday! Unfortunately I am out of town - hopefully the wife didn't open up the box and look at the invoice. Planning to need to do a little bit of wire replacement while I'm in there - what is the right gauge wire to use for the in-dash gauges?

Just got the notification that my Speed Hut gauges got delivered yesterday! Unfortunately I am out of town - hopefully the wife didn't open up the box and look at the invoice. Planning to need to do a little bit of wire replacement while I'm in there - what is the right gauge wire to use for the in-dash gauges?

Match what the gauges come with or match what’s existing. Nothing pulling any amperage for in relation to gauges, so it really shouldn’t matter much. 18guage should be safe

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks