Speedhut gauges ordered

Speedhut gauges ordered

cuban11182

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7: 258, T5, Dana 300, Holley 390, Nutter Bypass.
Well after playing around a little more today I've decided that I want gauges that work. I tried to get the speedometer to work, but I figured out the problem with most of the gauges. Having beach sand inside seems to cause them not to work....:mad: So instead of dealing with the crappy Chinese clones I decided to get some Speed-hut Gauges. They seem to be easy enough to install. They come with oil and water senders so that will eliminate the stock HUGE oil sensor.

A few guys on the CJ8 forum have ordered and installed those. Lots of great options. I would love to get a set someday. It would be nice to have them work and be able to see them at night. Great choice.

Dain

Wow those are nice! A gps speedo good idea... Now let's see hmmmm 900.00 a set hmmm anybody interested in some kids I'll let em go cheap... Say oh 900.00

I know it goes away from the stock look if the jeep (my father isn't happy) but I'm going to send the stock gauges to get rebuilt and eventually put them back in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It really irks me to know eventually I will have to replace my factory gauges with modern ones. However, I would rather make it home than sit on the side of a trail staring at my factory ones. You would think somebody could produce such a gauge. Is it not 2014?:rolleyes:

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

I wish there was a recent replica. Based on what I've read the ones available are cheap Chinese clones that don't last. I saw the Dakota gauges, but they didn't look stock. These look alright, but I think the stock CJ gauges look awesome.

The speedhut ones can be configured to look as close to stock as possible. At least from ones I have seen in pics of orders. And brighter than stock is always a plus in my book.

Dain

That's what I'm looking forward to. I just wish there were modernized replicas with the fully original look.

These are pretty close to stock. In the gallery on their website I believe.

upyhutuj.jpg

Dain

close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. :) They are nice though.

They are here. Don't worry, I have a plate to cover all those wires.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Those look great I love the white faces.

:) all this talk of them looking stock and you chose faces that are about as far from stock as possible. Nice!

Now please tell us, how was the install as in

- does the fuel gauge work with the Jeep sending unit?

- Did you need an adaptor for the speedometer cable,

- from what I can gather there still is a connection of some sort and the GPS calibrates things to make everything work, I imagine in a tunnel or parking garage or deep canyon.

- Then there's the temp gauge.

That's what I'm looking forward to. I just wish there were modernized replicas with the fully original look.

If I took the faces off the two gauges on the lower speedo, put some decent gauge machinery in place of the trashy ones, and slipped the face plates back on, wouldn't that get where you'd like to be? I've taken the face plates off; I just don't have anything to replace the interior works.

Fuel gauge works for the jeep but I haven't fully calibrated it yet ( you fill it up and tell it it's full and it adjusts). It does not use the speedo gear anymore, it uses GPS and it doesn't work in my parking garage. The water and oil sensor are new and electric.

Fuel gauge works for the jeep but I haven't fully calibrated it yet ( you fill it up and tell it it's full and it adjusts). It does not use the speedo gear anymore, it uses GPS and it doesn't work in my parking garage. The water and oil sensor are new and electric.

That seems like a bad idea on their part. I've been eyeing those gauges with a lot of interest as they look great. However, I'm not ok with my speedometer not working when it is a rainy day or I drive in a city. It would need to be a lot more reliable than any phone GPS I've used before I depend on it for a rather important gauge.

That seems like a bad idea on their part. I've been eyeing those gauges with a lot of interest as they look great. However, I'm not ok with my speedometer not working when it is a rainy day or I drive in a city. It would need to be a lot more reliable than any phone GPS I've used before I depend on it for a rather important gauge.

Are there any aftermarket speedos that work with the standard speedo cable? Everything I've seen has all been aftermarket GPS.

In any case, yes it's a bit of a pain to not have my speedo when I"m going around in a circle for the 5 minutes it takes me to get down from my garage. I drive in downtown Corpus Christi and have no issues. Although it has been overcast, it hasn't rained so I can't talk about that.

I don't know what phones you've had, but every time I'm in NYC I normally don't have any problems.

In any case I'm happy with them. They are overpriced from most other gauges and I can't honestly tell you that they are worth the extra money.....but they are purdy!

Are there any aftermarket speedos that work with the standard speedo cable? Everything I've seen has all been aftermarket GPS.

In any case, yes it's a bit of a pain to not have my speedo when I"m going around in a circle for the 5 minutes it takes me to get down from my garage. I drive in downtown Corpus Christi and have no issues. Although it has been overcast, it hasn't rained so I can't talk about that.

I don't know what phones you've had, but every time I'm in NYC I normally don't have any problems.

In any case I'm happy with them. They are overpriced from most other gauges and I can't honestly tell you that they are worth the extra money.....but they are purdy!

When you're not in the garage, is there a delay before it locks onto a satellite when you first get started?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks