snap ring trick?

snap ring trick?

jsohn

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 jeep cj7 with fiberglass body, AMC 258, T177, Dana 300, and a project in work
I am rebuilding my t176 and have gotten it all back together but the snap rings that go on the shaft to locate the front and rear bearings are kicking my butt for 2 days now. Since they do not have holes I cannot use my snap ring pliers and my drill blew up on me. Does anyone have a trick to install these lockrings?

May need to get another style of snap ring pliers. There is a plier that has blade looking ends on it rather than the posts you're attempting to use now. The blades fit between the ends of the snap ring and push (or spread) the ends of the ring apart giving you the extra diameter to slide the ring over the shaft. Should be able to pick up a set at most any of the better parts houses (NAPA, Car Quest, etc.).

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks