Smitybilt Stereo Console?

Smitybilt Stereo Console?

RedDog

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7 - Stock until my pocket gets bigger!
258 I6, T4 Trans, D300 Transfer, AMC 20, Dana 30.
Has anybody installed one of the smitybilt consoles with the stereo slot?

I just ordered one in, havent had a chance to mess around with installing it... but I set it down in the jeep real quick last night and it looks way too long to fit in there... but like I said I wont have time to mess with unitl this weekend.

anybody got any pics of how it looks installed in their CJ7? Other than what is on the website for Smitybilt.... I want to see if there is any leg room in the back with it installed and if i will be able to use the arm rest feature.

Thanks

I just installed mine and it dose go back aways. There is plenty of leg room in the rea and thr arm rest is accesable. yoy do have to move it right up to the rubber boot though

Great, thanks for the jnfo

I have one of these and was thinking of making a false front with a tray for hiding my .45

I have one of these and was thinking of making a false front with a tray for hiding my .45

Good idea then you could line it too so it wouldn't get scratched

Got it installed.... Works and looks great.

Isn't the Smitybilt console an almost exact replica of the Tuffy? I need to get one, but am reluctant to get the Smitybilt, cause they simply copied Tuffy. Tell me something to ease my conscience ;)

Looks great, it is sturdy metal construction... And I got mine for 85 bucks.... Vs the tuffy for more than twice that. I wanted it for the stereo slot mostly cause I didn't want to cut up my dash... It not for that I wouldn't even run a console. But I am more that happy and pleased with mine.
Found it on line @ streetsideauto.com for 99$ and I found a 15$ off coupon online and used it and they had free shipping.
Couldn't beat the price for the console it is a well built product.
As far as coping tuffy... Well they did a good job for a lot less money.
I would recommend it to anybody.

Have any pictures?

I'll take some tomorrow evening and post em.
Thanks

Sorry for the Delay, but here are some pics.... it ya'll was still intrested.

I wish I had known about this option sooner. I already cut the Dash. That looks cool and it hides The head unit. Very nice!

Yeah... I didn't wanna cut my dash. I Like this one... It has plenty of room for all kinds of stuff, and it locks everything up too so ya don't have to worry about anybody messing with ur :dung: when the top is off somewhere.

I mounted mine with studs instead of bolts. I can easily unbolt it when I get ready to put my carpet in. Just double nut the stud and tighten it real good. I think this way makes it a little harder to steal also. I did my seats the same way too. It makes it so much easier to install them than having to find those holes through carpet.

Attachments

• 1312 003.jpg
    1312 003.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 130
Is the cup holder removable?? that looks kind of useless. Is the cup holder steel or plastic? as in if it won't "remove " it could be "surgically removed"? I like the stud idea, I wish I had thought of that when I put seats and carpet in my J-10. would have been so much easier than finding the mounting nuts in the floor.:D

yes the cup holder (the plastic part) is removeable.... but you would have the bottom half still there, its metal, wouldnt be any problem sawing it off for sure. the cup holder works great though, i had the same thought that it looked cheesy and wasnt going to be usable, but it holds my drinks..etc better than the factory console that was there.

Thanks

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks