Small chainsaw????

Small chainsaw????
Found a Stihl 009 on craigslist. I'm sure it's related to the 109 saws we have today. It's a top handle arborists saw. The old girl has been used some and the brake needs some work. It runs well, but I'm sure the carb could use some cleaning out. The blade is new along with a new chain. The guy wants $125 for it and it seems like a decent deal to me. Even better he has another 009, it doesn't run as well, he will sell it for $75. I haven't touched them yet. Would that be a decent deal on one of these saws?

How close is you nearest Stihl dealer?
All I have ever used/owned is Stihl. Very best there is.
BTW: Use premium fuel only with the oil.;)
Go to Wal-mart and get some Seafoam spray and a can of gas additive.
The Seafoam spray should get the saw run'n 'rite'.
LG

Never really used Seafoam spray but have heard good things about it, will do. Both saws have minor outer case issues ... missing screws, missing vibration bumpers, the brake mechanism is missing in one of them and the other one needs brake parts, the throttles need some work as in the safety's don't work, the automatic chain oilers need attention ..... all problems are either very minor (but add up to a little work) and the oiler issue is well covered in the owners manuals, probably junk in the oiler port.... We have a very well thought of small engine repair place here in town that thrives on helping Do-It-Yourselfers, Stihl is one of their product lines. I think I'm going to work with a pilot friend of mine to get some aviation fuel for use in the saws. The forestry boards really like av-gas for saws that don't get used every day. Evidently AV- gas doesn't break down like automotive fuel does.

The saws need some work, but all in all I believe that I'm pleased with them. They are small, light and very well thought of.

Any updates on these saws? :confused:
LG

As I wrote I got the saws. They run and I got a few small parts, but as you know I've been a little busy on the jeep. The saws have another priority right now. They seem like exactly what is needed though.

Best of news- :chug:
LG

I think I'm going to work with a pilot friend of mine to get some aviation fuel for use in the saws. The forestry boards really like av-gas for saws that don't get used every day. Evidently AV- gas doesn't break down like automotive fuel does.

Thats a new one on me, but looking up that topic on the net it sounds like a pretty good way to go. I hate having to drain the gas from the tank and running it until it dies.

You can also buy premixed.
18a527326aa9b686281db25600eeeacb.jpg

Wooly

I have a can of Stihl premix, a good idea for occasional use.

I think I'm going to work with a pilot friend of mine to get some aviation fuel for use in the saws. The forestry boards really like av-gas for saws that don't get used every day. Evidently AV- gas doesn't break down like automotive fuel does.

Thats a new one on me, but looking up that topic on the net it sounds like a pretty good way to go. I hate having to drain the gas from the tank and running it until it dies.

Av-gas does not have all the nasty additives in it.... You can even put it in a styrofoam cup... Try that with regular gas...:censored:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks