Simple question what do you use

Simple question what do you use

davey25

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 CJ5..258 T150 Dana 20..wide track axles..ps no pb..all stock suspension..31x10.5...previous 76 cj5, 80 cj7,03 TJ ..
How do you guys clean your larger parts..Tranfer cases trannys..to get the heavy stuff off a scraper obviously but what about using solvents..there too big for the parts washer..what about a kiddie pool..maybe a large plastic tote..but of solvent and brush away..any ideas

There's always the dishwasher, just wait 'til the wife's not home... :laugh:

Ya pressure washers not really an option here in the winter haha

I have used my cherry picker to lower my transmission down into the parts washer to keep the weight off, and washed mine that way.

Degreaser and a bunch of elbow grease with an assortment of wire brushes and Dremel. It's a blast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the Winter I take whatever large parts to the local car wash on a flat bed trailer. They use very hot water. It may have water left on it, but when it gets in the heated garage it melts and gets blown off with an air hose. In Summer it's done in my driveway with a pressure washer.

If the tranny or motor is coming apart, it goes to a pressure washer first. :D

Every part on the engine......and the trans & transfer case.......got cleaned this past summer during my engine replacement project. Basically, everything got scraped & wire-brushed for the heavy stuff.....Castrol Super-clean & even GoJo for degreasers. For a final cleaning, I used an assortment of plastic-bristled brushes and a mixture of dish soap & water. Used the chain-hoist to raise the T-18a up on the sawhorses.

I do believe the Jeep weighs about 50 pounds less now than it did in May.......from dirt/gunk loss.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks