shudder on clutch release

shudder on clutch release
How many miles and how much water since then?
Do it again just to be sure.
CK for play/slop also.
LG

100 miles and no water. Just had the pinion(?) replaced last fall. It seems to go away with higher RPM.

100 miles and no water. Just had the pinion(?) replaced last fall. It seems to go away with higher RPM.

Just the pinion?? R&P's are matched sets of gears.
AGAIN-CK for slop and play ASAP. CK to be sure the p'nut is still tight.
LG

Out of curiosity, what is your gear ratio? Have you always had this problem or is it new?

Edit: I've gone through the same thing, I got everything new between the engine and the transfer case and still have the same problem. I've been told it's possible that it's my cruddy 2.72 gear ratio that might be causing the issue. Looking at some new axles now, about to post here about them actually.

Out of curiosity, what is your gear ratio? Have you always had this problem or is it new?

Edit: I've gone through the same thing, I got everything new between the engine and the transfer case and still have the same problem. I've been told it's possible that it's my cruddy 2.72 gear ratio that might be causing the issue. Looking at some new axles now, about to post here about them actually.
:)
2.72's would make any clutch shutter...........what size tires do you have? And what transmission and transfer case?

:D:D:D:D

With what you have makes me shudder. 33s are to big.

It was what the Jeep came with, I didn't have a great understanding of gear ratios back then, I thought it just needed a new clutch. Trust me, I am working on getting my issues straightened out. This thing has been a big work in progress and I'll never get my money back but I love every minute of it. You all have always been a huge help so thanks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks