Misc. Should I Change Winches

Misc. Should I Change Winches

aglinks

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
‘83 CJ7, 4.8L Vortec, TF999, D300, AMC20, D30
My Jeep has a Warn XD9000 that has been on it for 20 years. The cable got pinched at some point and I need to replace it. I’m wondering if I should replace the cable or swap the winch for a nice 8274 that I have laying around. My only hesitation is airflow through the radiator. I have an LS in my Jeep with AC. I’m uploading a pic of how my Jeep is now and a pic of the winch when it was on my suburban. Thoughts?

Attachments

• A86D97D0-8631-4CD3-BCB1-935440DDCA35.jpeg
    A86D97D0-8631-4CD3-BCB1-935440DDCA35.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 12
  • A2CBC701-9A40-4650-8FD2-3315DB599535.jpeg
    A2CBC701-9A40-4650-8FD2-3315DB599535.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 14
You have a real dilemma there. If you had to buy the 8274, it would be pretty easy. Maybe just flip a coin. If I had the 8274 on I would just go with that. Good luck :unsure:

My Jeep has a Warn XD9000 that has been on it for 20 years. The cable got pinched at some point and I need to replace it. I’m wondering if I should replace the cable or swap the winch for a nice 8274 that I have laying around. My only hesitation is airflow through the radiator. I have an LS in my Jeep with AC. I’m uploading a pic of how my Jeep is now and a pic of the winch when it was on my suburban. Thoughts?
Holly beep! You have an 8274 just "laying abound." Use it, love it, work with it... The winch will not affect cooling on your Jeep.

Lol yes I got it for dirt cheap because the control box was dead. I put a new box on it and it worked great! I’ve had it on two different trucks and pulled it off each time before selling.

Lol yes I got it for dirt cheap because the control box was dead. I put a new box on it and it worked great! I’ve had it on two different trucks and pulled it off each time before selling.
Nice... I pulled the black box and used 4 Ford/CJ/AMC selenoids on my right inside fender to change polarity to the winch. + in / - out

i also have an 8274 laying around. i plan on installing it on my my cj once i get my new bumper

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Yeah I got one also. Sitting in a box until I get my Jeep back together.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
ill post a pic of mine. its an older one i got from one of my customers when he bought a new 9500

Now I know why they are hard to find... You all have them. :chug:
Took me a couple years to find a decent one. Was told by someone here it is probably 79. Older than the Jeep :rolleyes:

think mine is from the 80s

This is kinda what I'm thinking about

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
i want a lil more fender protection. im tired of replacing them

heres mine still waiting

Attachments

• KIMG4655.JPG
    KIMG4655.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 10
  • KIMG4656.JPG
    KIMG4656.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 8
Put my 8274 on the day I drove my new CJ7 home from the dealer in March of 1985.
Been on it ever since. Never any engine cooling issues and I lived in the Mojave Desert for 28 years.
Gary

i need to figure out my control box i have the remote but nothing to remote it to

The one thing I didn't get with mine when I got it, was a remote. Contacted Warn and already figured out which one I need when the time comes.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks