Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade,
258 I-6,
T-4(Soon to be a T-19),
Dana 300,
1987 Grand Wagoneer,
360 V8, 2008 Chevy 2500HD Z71 Crewcab, 6.0 V8
I'm currently setting up my garage shop so I can start the rebuild of my CJ7 this spring or so. Selling some old stuff to make room for new stuff. I just aquired an old millermatic 200 mig welder, that should do everything I need to do. I have been shopping around for air compressors and I'm thinking of going with an 80gal ingersoll with a 5.5 horse motor on it. You guys think that will be sufficient for painting and air tools? Any bigger starts getting pretty damn expensive, but I'm worried smaller won't be sufficient. What do you guys think?

I've been using a 20 gallon 5HP oil-less for about 15 years. Its done nearly everything I have asked of it, with a few exceptions. I finally upgraded to a 7.5HP 175 PSI 80 gallon tank unit, and I am glad I did.
But I believe the one you are looking at will work for what you want, as it is the exact unit I was looking at before I bit the bullet on the bigger unit. I work mine to death at times, so you should be good.

adc8a33f.jpg

I have been reading that the IR compressor motor does not like under-voltage situations. Saw that the motors are burning out within 2-5 years. So plan on replacing the motor with a higher-quality unit around then and you should be golden.

Thanks for the heads up on the motor. That compressor you have is a beast!

We have an IR compressor also. 2 motors in less than a year. First was under warranty the second went to the garbage and our electrician installed an aftermarket one. Been working perfect for 3 yrs now.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom