Information Server Change, 1-16-2022

Information Server Change, 1-16-2022

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Well folks, just a few months heads up. The site will be down for a half day on or about mid month Jan, I'm switching to a less expensive server as I just cannot afford our present one.

I have been contacted by several web site farms but I cannot bear to sell as I'm afraid of what will happen and what information would be lost.

I wish we could get back / more participation here but I have tried everything I can think of... :(

Any thoughts?

Sorry to hear the news CJ. I can understand your dilemma as you go through this process. It's just a shame, that for less than probably 1 tank of gas, if everyone donated that each year, this site would probably run pretty smoothly.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Sorry to hear the news CJ. I can understand your dilemma as you go through this process. It's just a shame, that for less than probably 1 tank of gas, if everyone donated that each year, this site would probably run pretty smoothly.

How much do we need a year? I see that we have a fair of new members each month, not sure how many are legit or very invested. Maybe revisit thought of a pay site? I know lots of pros and cons, but we live in an ever increasing subscription world. I feel the content is worth a dollar value and everyone will have a different valuation.

With more members coming on board, would a low subscription rate support the site. How many members would we lose at $5 a year, would the community support $25 a year? Would the site go stagnant if it became pay site?

This topic continues to percolate year over year. I know many have donated to the site, with many more who have not. Do we lose the community over a subscription wall?

I for one believe the many, many pages here contain some of the best info out there on the web. While I would say the reach and speed of response is not what some of the FB sites are, but the quality of information here is well beyond those sites. That to me, presents a great value that I could justify as one less 30 pack per year or skip a couple of coffees per month etc…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Mass...I'd ante up

Think there are plenty others who would, too

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Thanks for your feedback ( @Belizean @Masscj7 @j6824 ). The move is finalized and will happen in Jan. There will be no or a very short down time. No data loss will be involved.

@Belizean @Masscj7 @j6824 - you allready help out and it is appreciated. I am working on membership tiers again. :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks