Self Gratification!

Self Gratification!

CoreyYoungCj577

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj7 232 inline 6,Dana 20 Tc,T-150 Trans, stock diffs.
So last night was ridiculous, i wanted to get 4 wheel drive back in my 2000 Gmc Sierra so i went to the junk yard and got a electronic transfercase motor for my truck for 50 bucks. Well i didnt start working on it till 7:00 ish so you know a normal hour job became a 5 hour job :mad:. I started by removing the skid plate and removing the bolts from the transfercase motor, well i could only get two out all the way which took a very long time because i had very little room to do anything. So then after that i have to move the front drive shaft so i can get the third bolt, well i get the third bolt off and i now have to drop the cross member to get the part out :eek:. At this point I was a little angry. So i get everything dropped down and the new one put back in and start bolting it all back up, then i get to the part of the front drive shaft and there is a little clip that goes on each end of ball joint to hold the bottom and top on, well never will i be doing ball joints that clip took me an hour to get on the biggest waste of time! But after everything is all said and done and my truck is back on the road......THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE WORKS GREAT! im thinking fixing the heater next then shocks and minor things!

I think I would have fixed the heater before the 4X4, but thats just me.:cool:
good job, I find that the most important mechanical skill there is , is tenacity. Just stay calm and keep going until it works. It is just a machine and I have never been beaten by a machine yet. With the possible exception of a mechanical bull and a Kawasaki 700 both of which tried very hard to kill me.:cool:

I think I would have fixed the heater before the 4X4, but thats just me.:cool:
good job, I find that the most important mechanical skill there is , is tenacity. Just stay calm and keep going until it works. It is just a machine and I have never been beaten by a machine yet. With the possible exception of a mechanical bull and a Kawasaki 700 both of which tried very hard to kill me.:cool:

Thats why most of my apparel is CARHARTT ;) and i would much rather take everything off under the truck before taking that dash apart again, ive tried fixing the heater, i changed the lower heater door and that didnt fix my heater so its gotta be the upper door and that is where i am at a loss...i dont know where its at :p but my heater gets warm not blazing hot like it use to but it will be fixed in time :) I had a 85 honda 2 stroke dirt bike try to kill me, a needle valve was broke causing the rpms to be outta wack an boy when the power band kicked in i didnt know what was gonna happen lol, and it was a little low so when i was going up the driveway my feet were dragging on the ground granted the driveway was at a 75 degree angle lol. Thats when i decided to stick to four wheelers :D

Is this where the title "self gratification" comes in? I had to stop reading there. :laugh:
Thats why most of my apparel is CARHARTT ;) and i would much rather take everything off under the truck

Now im a happy camper :D My trucks 4 wheel drive works like a charm (after 7 hours of freezing my butt off!) Took it in today to flush the heater core to see if this solved the NO heat issue...Well... IT DID. I know consider my 2000 gmc sierra a TRUCK again its got a heater that will roast you out and 4 wheel drive that will take me anywhere i need to go! Especially Hunting!

ive never been defeated by anything mecanical i stay calm and use the forse :D its women that try to kill me some have no sence of humer:eek: i mean if they want us to be honest why do they ask us the "do i look fat in these" question ??

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks