Seat Base Dimensions Request

Seat Base Dimensions Request

ThisGuyUKnow

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 Laredo 4.0,Nv3550,D300 Twin Stick,AMC20 3.31, 31 BFG
Honda vtx1800c
Does someone have a seat base that is pulled out or just an empty tub that they can give me the dimensions between the 4 bolts that go through the floor. I am wondering if I can modify them to work in an FSJ so I can try to swap in cj buckets or high back seats.

I am having a hard time finding seats from another fsj with the Laredo scheme but have found a couple from cj models. The only issue would be that the cj ones have fixed backs and although I know from reading another thread that cj seats will mount to FSJ brackets i need the bracket that move forward from a cj to access the back seat (2 door FSJ).

Probably wont work but I thought it might be worth a shot to see if I could modify it up to work.

14 in across, 8 in front to back. Slider seat overhangs back.

My CJ7 seats have a shorter riser in the front, tranny hump side, to accommodate the rise in the tub. the tranny tunnel has "bumps" protruding out under the seat.

in other words, door side mount rails are flat, tranny side rail rear is flat in rear, and humps up to a higher point, where it bolts in.

14 in across, 8 in front to back

My CJ7 seats have a shorter riser in the front, tranny hump side, to accommodate the rise in the tub. the tranny tunnel has "bumps" protruding out under the seat.

in other words, door side mount rails are flat, tranny side rail rear is flat in rear, and humps up to a higher point, where it bolts in.

Yeah its the same with the FSJ brackets on the bracket the front bolt(closest to the steering column) is raised to accommodate the hump and the rear is flat to the floor. Are both the tranny side bolts raised on the cj bracket?

No just the front, tranny side. driver and passenger.

No just the front, tranny side. driver and passenger.

Hmm well I will have to measure the height from the floor to the bolt on the tranny hump for the FSJ and also measure the distance between the bolts. I may just might be able to make a set of those brackets work with some slight modification.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks