scrambler question

scrambler question

bearsden

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2002 ford f150 4wd,1989 chevy suburban 4wd,86 cj7 ,67 nissan patrol(sold)
I know where there is a CJ8 scrambler for sale with a bad 2.5l motor, I currently have a 4.2l in my garage. Would there be alot of work to put that motor in there? it says it has a 4spd but not listing what 4 spd. i was just curious..Thanks,mike

These days finding a good scrambler is almost impossible so I would snatch it up no matter what. It should be a easy swap I think.

These days finding a good scrambler is almost impossible so I would snatch it up no matter what. It should be a easy swap I think.

It's not that hard to find a good scrambler, it's whether the bank will lend you that much money :chug:

I know where there is a CJ8 scrambler for sale with a bad 2.5l motor, I currently have a 4.2l in my garage. Would there be alot of work to put that motor in there? it says it has a 4spd but not listing what 4 spd. i was just curious..Thanks,mike

The red one for $3500? If so, I heard it was sold to a dealer in TX within 45 minutes if the CL ad. That was a great price.

You'll like the 6 way more than that :censored: 4 popper. :D
LG

I hope that the 8 has found its way into your possession.

The red one for $3500? If so, I heard it was sold to a dealer in TX within 45 minutes if the CL ad. That was a great price.

yes that was the one.....dang it!! I'll keep looking !!

yes that was the one.....dang it!! I'll keep looking !!

My guess is that you will see it show up at Collins Brothers. But that is a hunch. I hope they don't just yank parts off of it. Either way, they will ask big $$ for whatever it ends up.

About 6-7 years ago I found a 79 CJ5 Silver Anniversary in CO selling on CL. It was all original. I was negotiating with the seller and we closed in on a price of $4000. The next day I called to finalize the deal and the seller sold it for $5500.

My gut feeling told me Collins Bros grabbed it. Three days later, I checked their site and sure enough it was sitting on their website in the same exact condition as the pics on CL selling for $13,500
I don't think they even washed it.

About 6-7 years ago I found a 79 CJ5 Silver Anniversary in CO selling on CL. It was all original. I was negotiating with the seller and we closed in on a price of $4000. The next day I called to finalize the deal and the seller sold it for $5500.

I really hate that. I grew up that my word was worth more than money. I taught my sons that too. Too bad the rest of the US has gone to :censored:.

I agree.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks