Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ7 350/th350/d300, Detroit, ARB, Moser, Autometer, lots of other crapola
2001 Ford ZX3 S2, SVT
2005 Ram 1500 Quad, stockish
1992 Olds 98, "Pappy"
Howdy all!

Anyone have experience with the Rugged Ridge HD Steering box mount?

I got one installed only to discover that it moves he box forward an inch despite their website saying it is the OEM position.

I determine this due to the fact the my pitman arm cannot go back onto the steering box as it now hits my front swaybar, as well as the steering shaft will no longer reach to attach the coupler.

Their Customer service reps I speak with tells me it's only listed as OEM location mount and it must be my Jeep that's off..don't get me started..

Anybody have a clue that could help me?

Thanks!:notworthy:

First off, who did you but this thing from? Second, ask for a supervisor and return the item for a refund. Now go get a HD Steering Box mount from MORE.

PS: Most of RR stuff is made in China, so no wonder it doesn't fit.

I got it from Summit, they are going to allow me to return it hopefully wont hose me a restock fee..

The stock position one from M.O.R.E is what I am going with once this situation is resolved.

I am simply curious if others have discovered the same thing as myself, you would expect that RR being a division of OMIX there would not be discrepancies in fitment of such things..

:chug:

I am simply curious if others have discovered the same thing as myself, you would expect that RR being a division of OMIX there would not be discrepancies in fitment of such things..

I think this is becoming a real problem with the aftermarket industry. I have gotten where I will not buy anything from China so that being said I had the fuel pump go out in my Cherokee so I went on Rockauto and got one that was made in the USA that was a Carter and said it was OE size and fitment. Yeah what a joke the pump was a lot smaller so I had to make a bracket to get to fit and then after getting it mounted in the tank and the tank back in it didn't work. So I had to pull the tank back out and found they had it wired backwards:mad: So good luck getting anything anymore that fits the way it should.

I got it from Summit, they are going to allow me to return it hopefully wont hose me a restock fee..

The stock position one from M.O.R.E is what I am going with once this situation is resolved.

I have a MORE bracket man that thing is beefy :chug:

We have had the same problems with OMIX-ADA. Some things are OK but others are poor quality repops. I try to use OEM when possible and then quality aftermarket.

I installed mine this weekend, very disapointed. Top mount holes were off center by 1/4 inch. After a bit of fabrication I got it to fit with my reverse shackles. My steering has what feels like binding issues now, I'm going out later tonight and try to see if it's tweeked and causing the steering gear box to warp slightly which would cause the piston to bind up.

Don't by this product, tech support is a voice mail that doesn't call back.

After much dealing with an ignorant and condescending CSR for Omix I've come to the conclusion that they have no idea what their parts do let alone how they fit and no problem can ever come from their products..

I am currently awaiting my OEM location mount from M.O.R.E..**** on Omix!

Customer service at M.O.R.E. is outstanding. I ordered a set of their bombproof mounts for my project. Waited a year to install them only to find they were 'tweaked' a bit. Sent some pics to them, exchanged a couple of emails, one phone call, and got a new set! (before they re-did their website, they had a pic of my CJ with the mounts installed)

Now, that's how you take care of your customers! :notworthy:

Really like the MORE products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks