Misc. Rims Question / stupid move?

Misc. Rims Question / stupid move?

Rustkill

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7 258 engine.
Question for you. I just got 5 rims 15x7 and 4 center caps. the rims are steel, not chrome, and not in too bad of a shape for how old they are I don't think.
come off a base model 86 cj
I am wondering now if wasted my money. the original rims on my Jeep (85 CJ) were white with the chrome center caps, i am either going back to the OEM look or correct looking rims chrome.
I know I can get a set from Cragar that looks pretty damn close but ( do the OEM caps fit)?? maybe something new is safer anyway. or is there another company that makes rims that look oem? that I should check out?
I got everything for 500. was I stupid? waste of money?

I know some things are not that easy to find, but I also realized that I don't really know what the correct value of items should be. I may be making bad choices here.

as for the caps I can't seem to find my OEM caps, which I thought I had saved but I am not so sure now, are all the caps the same 84 85 86? chrome or steel?

I am just trying to pick up items here and there so I have them when I dive into restoring, but I guess I need to learn a few things so I am not wasting money or getting junk.

thanks for the help and go ahead and call me stupid, I need to learn !!!
Scott

I have not searched this yet, but is there a database for fair values for items?

Attachments

• IMG_4173.jpeg
    IMG_4173.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4174.jpeg
    IMG_4174.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4181.jpeg
    IMG_4181.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 2
Those are factory. Prices are all over the board I've found center caps from a few buck a piece to over 40. I bought 5 factory CJ wheels and center caps from a local junkyard for 75 bucks I did spend 300 getting them sandblasted and powered coatedc1ef45b06fb5a71086b842cf3b3f2f99.jpg

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

I wanted an extra set for a larger set of tires for 4 wheeling trips. I looked around in my area for a couple of years before I found a set of 5 with 2 caps for $200. Sandblasted and paint for $200. That was 4 or 5 years ago.

I did have 2 chrome ones I gave away a couple years ago as I was never going to use them

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom