Members CJs Resurrection from the tomb

Members CJs Resurrection from the tomb
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1972 cj5, 304ci, T15, Twin stick Dana 20, Avocado Mist.
For the back story to what Im continuing here please visit my introduction post http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f60/resurrection-22475/

Circa few months ago, the jeep has been mechanically "restored" and is ready for its first drive. I let it warm up and go to set off, I get out of the driveway and it dies under load. Quickly determine it has fuel, get it home and it starts back up. (New carb and timing has been tuned and dialed in already)

Give it another go after dinner and it dies just up the street, but again starts up after a minute of sitting. Get on the webs and it says a dying ICM has these symptoms, but oh I dont have one. Dad suggests I just upgrade to a HEI distributor since the distributor is the only thing not replaced. While waiting on that to arrive I ground the piss out of everything. I get the HEI distributor with MSD wires, and delete all of the junk not needed. Set the timing again and she runs gooooood.

Continue to fall in love with the jeep. I fill it up with gas for the first time and the gauge goes wonky, I was little bit scared because I punched a hole in the dash for a choke cable the day earlier. Determine its the NEW sender, after the second fill up I confirm the float raises too far and looses contact, oh well another harmless quirk, quirks are fun. I dont want a vehicle that doesnt have quirks.

After that I just drive it more and more and mess around with the little things (swap door arm rests for pull straps so I have more elbow room when turning my big steering wheel, installing rear seat belts, get the heater blower fan to work and stop/patch the rust spots so they dont continue during winter)

This is a before and after entombment, Top picture is 1994-1995, bottom is 2014

Before and after I touch the engine
PhotoGrid_1414442600342_zpsf78ab88c.jpg

Couple interior shots
IMGP5803_zpseca6ff06.jpg

IMGP5805_zps51683c92.jpg

Its home
20141014_195817_zpsa6e9b434.jpg

Messing around/checking brake line travel
20141211_123815_zpsc89fc96f.jpg

20141211_123837_zps2ba6c455.jpg

Cruising
20141205_142135_zpsb3efff9f.jpg

20141211_140026_zps2cf707a6.jpg

Something for the ears (Video)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks