Replacing sheet metal

Replacing sheet metal

When I went to a shop to get a quote about the front floor boards on my CJ8 and he came back with $500 plus materials I about :dung:. I cut them out myself and put an ad on Craigslist for a welding job for $150. Guys are looking for odd jobs right now in this economy especially. The guy brought a portable up and welded in replacements I got from Quadratec. The Quadratec ones definately need some trimming and massging but classicent.com has higher quality ones for a bit more $$.

this is a great idea, and will be a lot less expensive in the short run. Unless of course you need a reason to buy a new toy in which case a welding machine is a way cool thing to have. Be advised that learning to weld will take time away from your 4 wheeling.:cool:
On the plus side you will become very popular with the members of your 4x4 club. :chug:

2X what CJ said about MIG welding. And the local trade schools and continuing ed classes are worth their weight in gold. And you get to use all the machines and use up all the supplies you want.:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks