Replacing leaf spring and shackle bushings ?

Replacing leaf spring and shackle bushings ?

toolow

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 cj7 258 4 speed
I have a 4 inch Rough Country lift on my 80 cj 7 installed by p.o. Are the spring bushings and shackle bushings o.e.m. size ? The front shackle bracket looks tilted to me also . Is this normal ?bc9c3252b3624e6cbb58c037ce9f2075.jpg9569b903dd513f8bb1b1962dd8ed576e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not sure about RC, I did an Old Man Emu YJ spring conversion and the bushings on the shackles side are 1.25”.

Not sure about that skewed shackle. That doesn’t look right, but I’m not nearly as experienced as some of the others on here. Might want to get a second opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey , not lookin' too groovy there. Get a shackle and spring eye bushing kit . And maybe some offset hangers. Kinda looks like maybe P.O. did a swap for a wide track front axle , not sure. got better pics of whole axle assembly ? Daystar makes a polyurethane bushing kit that sells for around thirty bucks.

Cant help on bushing sizes, but a good buddies 7 had that "lean" on his front shackles for a while and it snapped in two out in the desert on the first day of a 4 day trip. Luckily we found cell signal , located the part back home at a 4wd shop and conned another (non-wheeling) buddy to pick it up and drive 350 miles round trip to bring it out that night. Yours dont look quite as bad as my buddies did, but probably not a bad idea to start looking for their replacements ;)

Yes, as long as they are 2" wide springs they will use a stock bushing. As far as shackle lean, Looks to me like PO didn't torque down the u-bolts and the springs have shifted on the spring perches. When you do your shackles, loosen the u-bolts and line everything back up and torque the u-bolts down, drive around for a few days and re-tighten...

Got it all bolted together , here's a picture of oem style shackle bushings with cone shaped ends vs aftermarket shackle bushings with flat syle ends. Careful what you order or you'll end up with a set you can't use. Ask me how I know. 1c4d614ea499ad6870e155412b085d85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks