Replacement spring bushings

Replacement spring bushings

IrishCJ6

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ6
AMC360, D150, D20,
I'm replacing my bushings on the 6 with new urethane ones that I brought from 4wd.com. The issue I have is only 2 out of the 3 bushings per side has a metal sleeve through the middle. Any ideas on why the kit only has 2 metal sleeves. Both kits ( brought 2) are the same. Any guidance appreciated.

The metal sleeves are for the main eyes on the spring and the ends w/o are for the spring shackle end. This way when you tighten down the main eye end the spring can still move.

What bushing set did you get? PN?

The early CJ bushings (to 75) all had center sleeves.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 96
In stock form, Even the later CJs all had metal sleeves through both the main eye bushings and the shackle end bushings. Total of 12.

Do you go with aftermarket or OEM style? I too have a 75 CJ6 and went with OE like replacements. If yours are poly, it may have larger shackle end bolts and no sleeves. Most aftermarket kits are like this. Got any pics?

Yep, that kit will work fine. Those sleeves fit inside the main eye or larger bushing that are the fixed mounts under the frame ( by the belly pan)
As with this one, most kits don't come with the shackle end sleeves as they expect you to reuse your bolts and sleeves. Someone needs to clue them in that most of the time the sleeves are rusted beyond use. All this only matters if your using the stock a shackles with the 3/8 inch bolts and sleeves.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks