Replacement Sheet Metal....floors, rockers. etc...

Replacement Sheet Metal....floors, rockers. etc...

project74

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 CJ5, 304v8... purchased 8/8/11
Anyone know of a good source for replacement floors and rocker sheet metal...I have some rust spots but dont think it would be enough for full tub replacement...just need to patch and repair...thanks, Ed

Thanks CJ and 0822 for the leads.

IM using the cheaper ones Quadratec sells right now. They are made in Canada and fit like :dung:. Steel is about 18 gauge. I have one other floor pan I bought off the guy on ebay. Hes in Michigan and his pan is pretty much a clone to the original and its heavy like 16 gauge steel.
The Michigan made pans are the way to go if ya ask me.

Quadratec actually has both types. If they look fairly flat, they're the cheapies and you'll spend a lot of time making them fit.

I went cheap, but I'm considering replacing the tub in a few years and didn't want to spend too much right now, just get it functional again.

I know some people are going to poopoo on this idea, but I had little holes in my floor board front drivers side and pass, about two inches in dia. An auto body buddy of mine sujested to cut out the holes to good metal, wire wheel all the rust off the whole floor boards and pop rivit some mesh into holes and cover the mess and whole floor board with bedliner. I used heriliner. Now I know people will think I'm to lasy or cheap to replace right. But for me it was an issue of money and time. And these floor boards will have to be replaced right in the future. Just a sujestion?

No problem with me on patching up something to get some miles out of it.
My jeep had been patched before and had some damage and bad attempt at lining the body up.
It was originally a soft top and it wasnt as noticeable with the soft doors.
I put a hardtop on it and hard doors and whoa what the :dung: happened here.
I went from a simple " the rocker needs some work" to the side and floor is wrong!

One thing I would like to say on the patch panels is, I have seen a lot of people say the ones with no paint on them are all the same like they put a tag on them made in usa or where ever. They are not.
You can clearly see the differences when they are side by side.
The higher end ones Quadratec sells have the drain holes punched in them. The ones made in Michigan dont. The Canadian ones are lighter and follow their own pattern.
They will work just fine but are far from Original Equipment.
No matter what you buy expect some cutting and fitting.

At this point the body and fenders is in the air and the first priority will be on frame, then drive-line-engine and trans. Since taking the body off frame I have realized just how much will have to be replace and over the next few months I will keep my eyes out for a good donor tub...be it metal (preferred) or a good deal on a fiberglass. I think what I have is repairable but will need ALOT of attension. As of today I have the engine\trans ready6 to lift off the frame and will do Sat evening. Once I have the axel and all gas\brake etc...lines off the frame I will start to clean it up-grind it down and start the build in the opposite direction. I cant wait to see things start to come together!!!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks