Diff Regear and One Piece Axle Brands.

Differentials
Diff Regear and One Piece Axle Brands.

poppatello

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 Cj, 4 Banger, 4.5 BDS Lift, 35" KM2, Twin Stick, Nuttered...
Hello folks. It's been a long time since I've been on and I have neglected the Cj long enough. I need to regear to 4:56 or 4:88 but leaning heavenly towards 4:56 and I need to replace the two piece axles. So what brands are the go to? I want something strong and reliable but doesn't need to be the' brand if that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Not many choices for axles, G2 (in mine), Moser and Yukon. I think Crown sells a kit too but I try to stay way from them.
I haven't changed my gears but, Yukon and G2 come to mind.

I have the Moser

Wow... 4.56 or 4.88... Do you plan on driving road?

That is a lot of gear. :chug:

I put 4:88s in mine and drive on the road often. Can do the speed limit just fine but wish I had gone with 4:56 because the're a little bit stronger. I've gone through 2 sets of gears on the front.

Wow... 4.56 or 4.88... Do you plan on driving road?

That is a lot of gear. :chug:
I'm currently running 35's with a four cylinder so yes I need the gears. When I looked @ the chart it shows 4:56-4:88 but 4:56 is ideal and going 4:88 would be too weak in fourth gear. However, folks are telling me that if I plan to go bigger on the tires in the future to go with 4:88. I do not. In fact if anything I would go down to 33's and I think the 4:56 would be great with both tire sizes and my little 4 squirrel will be so happy again. I have to be pushing 4k rpms in third now just to get going...

Any brand gears?

Motive gears are good. Spicer gears also.

I have 4/10 Motive front and rear behind my 360. No problems.

35's and a 4 popper is not a good combo.
Gary a

Put a turbo on that baby

I have Richmond gears... so far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ten Factory rear axles (by Motive) in My CJ. They do gears as well.

I put Moser one piece axles in mine, didn't mess with the gear ratio in my AMC20 though, it's still stock.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

I went with Motive gears and G2 axles. The axles I bought several years ago and never put in until just last week. The gears were Motive due to availability. Not many bad gears around, lots to choose from.

Anything Yukon is good...BUT...can be bought for less by another name.

im running ten factory (fairly certain) its been a few years. as for gears im running stock 3.23 from a 83 Renegade

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks