Rebuild kit for T-15.

Rebuild kit for T-15.

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Any suggestions on the best rebuild kit for a T-15? Also looking for a good supplier of gears and other components. I've rebuilt mine several times and it about time to really refresh the innards.

Thanks,

Well after looking around... How about a replacement? I don't really want to change to different type but I'm not against it. No auto!
I would much rather just throw in another (good) T-15 and be done. Every replacement I have ever found is longer and the rear drive shaft is already short as it is. It is a CJ5...

Thanks,

helo im new just bought an 83 auto CJ7 that is a rust bucket but later on that i work at a shop and we started using tbtrans because their parts were more affordable and they have been easy to deal with so far and they have had the parts we have needed just my 2 pennies which doesnt seem to be worth much in this day and age later mike

CJ I will get back to you later on today with a suggestion. A friend of mine just did a tranny over, an AX-15 and he said the kit he bought was awesome. It had really good quality gears, bearings and gaskets and he only took a couple of days. He has never had a transmission apart before and he was excited as hell about this ordeal.

helo im new just bought an 83 auto CJ7 that is a rust bucket but later on that i work at a shop and we started using tbtrans because their parts were more affordable and they have been easy to deal with so far and they have had the parts we have needed just my 2 pennies which doesnt seem to be worth much in this day and age later mike

1st - Welcome to the forums Tiggys! Very glad to hear from ya!

2nd - I'll look up TBTrans and see what they have. Thanks for the suggestion!

CJ I will get back to you later on today with a suggestion. A friend of mine just did a tranny over, an AX-15 and he said the kit he bought was awesome. It had really good quality gears, bearings and gaskets and he only took a couple of days. He has never had a transmission apart before and he was excited as hell about this ordeal.
Very much appreciated sparkfan, that's what I'm looking for - new innards... :)

Well CJ, evidentally my crainium and rectum are still occupying the same space. He did not do a tranny rebuild, he did a motor rebuild and used a kit to do it. Sorry bud, I will ask Al if he has any suggestions, he is our resident know it all.

Well CJ, evidentally my crainium and rectum are still occupying the same space. He did not do a tranny rebuild, he did a motor rebuild and used a kit to do it. Sorry bud, I will ask Al if he has any suggestions, he is our resident know it all.
LOL - It sucks getting old - doesn't it??? :D

Thanks for looking for me. I'll still keep my eyes open for a good hardware kit...

Any suggestions on the best rebuild kit for a T-15? Also looking for a good supplier of gears and other components. I've rebuilt mine several times and it about time to really refresh the innards.

Thanks,

CJ, check 4wd.com. I've gotten a rebuild kit from them in the past for my Tremec T176 4-speed and it was a great kit.

Tom

CJ, check 4wd.com. I've gotten a rebuild kit from them in the past for my Tremec T176 4-speed and it was a great kit.

Tom
Thanks TWalker. I eliminated the little T-15 problem I had and purchased a new T18! I'm working on installing soon...

I bought my kit when I did my last rebuild from a supplier down in Tallahassee. I can't remember the name of it though, but I'll dig through some paperwork and find the receipt with the name on it.

I bought my kit when I did my last rebuild from a supplier down in Tallahassee. I can't remember the name of it though, but I'll dig through some paperwork and find the receipt with the name on it.
That would be great to have in hand. I might want to do a little work on the spicer 20 before I bolt it up to the new T-18.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks