Rear Spring Mount Dimensions

Rear Spring Mount Dimensions

cglax6

Senior Jeeper
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'76 CJ5, 351w, Ford T18/D20, D44 (open), D30 (open), 2.5" BDS spring lift, 31x10.5x15 tires
Hey all, been a while...

Needing some work done on my 76 CJ5. The spring shackle mount on the driver's side rear peeled away the bottom of my frame like a sardine can. I don't take it off-road, but hit a nasty bump this weekend and heard a clunk. I'm assuming that was the bottom of the frame shearing off.

I didn't rebuild the frame of my CJ, so I want to confirm what the eye-to-eye distance should be between the front mount and the rear shackle mount for the rear springs.

Visually, everything looks like it's in order. Just want to double check in case I have another PO issue that I didn't know about. I'm debating welding on new rear mounts instead of bolting them in after I weld the frame back together.

And so you know, I have 2.5" BDS lift springs on all 4 corners.

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Google translate using braille through Tapatalk

I have a 79 CJ7, but the springs should be the same. 44" OC

Not looking for spring dimensions...looking for distance between eyes on the frame.

That is the frame bracket center to center dimension.

Thanks bass!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks