Rear Seat Belts

Rear Seat Belts

Shakeyfly

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
none
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at buying a '77 CJ5 and it has a rear seat but no rear seat belts. The problem is I have a 4 year old I need to be able to bring around. So my plan is lap belts? I did a search previously and some are saying they mount to a seat bracket, and others are saying there could be holes in the floor. I will take a look again when I go back to the jeep.

But my question is, where do you parents anchor the top of the child seat? That little strap that goes down the back? Did you install a little latch point?

Thanks!

Ryan

:ww::dbanana::banana:

I mounted an eye-bolt to the floor, behind the seat.
LG

I am going to be carrying my 5 year old an 3 year old in the back of my CJ7 so I went with the YJ rear bar conversion with the spreader bar so that I can use the shoulder harness seatbelt. I am still waiting on the seat belts to show up, whatever seat belt you go with it would be good to add a double plate to the sheet metal to make the connection stronger

What year and model?

Year and model of Ford Transit? I don't know. I bought it from an online ad. I think they are fairly plentiful, though. There are conversion companies that peddle them off after they remove them. Most of the ones I've seen look the same structurally. I've seen black, gray, and various cloth colors and patterns. I had mine recovered. They come on singles, doubles, and triples. This one is 31" wide. I've seen a double that is 36" wide and the upper seat belt mounts are on the outside with two buckles in the center rather than like mine.

Thank you for the information. Those look like they would work great for my kids in the back seat and look comfy too.
Did you have to do much in the way of fabrication to get it to fit?

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. Those look like they would work great for my kids in the back seat and look comfy too.
Did you have to do much in the way of fabrication to get it to fit?

The mounting points on the seat are oddly spaced so a custom bracket was necessary to utilize the factory rear bolt holes in the floor. The front holes in my floor have bolts broken off and rusted in place, but that wasn't an issue because I wanted to keep there passenger foot area clear so I drilled the front holes as wide as possible. There is a crossmember 7" aft of the front factory bolt holes so I through-bolted the bracket with 3/8" Grade 8 bolts.

48450032567_a13b03d22a_c.jpg

48459149176_3cfd58cb63_c.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks