TCase Quadra Trac Actuator

Transfer case
TCase Quadra Trac Actuator

JohnEJo

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ7, 304, Quadra Trac
Hello. I have a 1976 CJ7 with Quadra-trac (Yes, I still have it) and the B/W 1339 transfer case. I am looking to sell it to acquire either a YJ or a Cherokee XJ with a 4.0, but in the meantime I need to figure something out. When I acquired the CJ, what I didn’t know at the time but later discovered, is that the E-drive is stuck engaged even though the switch is set to normal drive. Hoping it was a vacuum line issue since it sat for several years before I got it, I connected a manual vacuum pump to both vacuum ports on the actuator, not at the same time, hoping to get it to disengage, and while I was able to build pressure on each port and the pressure would hold, the actuator still would not move. Does this mean the actuator is okay and that the issue is within the transfer case? Or does this mean the actuator is bad? BTW, I also tried what I’ve seen some guys suggest by driving figure eights trying to get it to disengage multiple times, but all to no avail.

Also, and this is probably a silly question, but the engine was not running when I connected the manual vacuum pump to each of the ports. Did I need to have the engine running when I did that, or does that even matter?

Thanks in advance! :)

Also, and this is probably a silly question, but the engine was not running when I connected the manual vacuum pump to each of the ports. Did I need to have the engine running when I did that, or does that even matter?

Thanks in advance! :)
yes

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks