Power steer line help

Power steer line help

defibvt

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 CJ5, 4.0L stroker from a 91 XJ,T-18 w/ granny gear, Dana 300 w/ Lomax 4:1 gears.
So, at long last my 4.0L XJ motor is in the CJ5 to stay. I have mounted all the accessory brackets i.e. a//c, alternator, and power steering. The power steering gearbox and pump came from a 91 XJ. The problem I am having is finding power steering lines that are long enough and will fit. The 91 XJ high pressure line is about 10" short. The return line is not an issue. Does anyone have a part number for something that will work or do you another solution?

So, at long last my 4.0L XJ motor is in the CJ5 to stay. I have mounted all the accessory brackets i.e. a//c, alternator, and power steering. The power steering gearbox and pump came from a 91 XJ. The problem I am having is finding power steering lines that are long enough and will fit. The 91 XJ high pressure line is about 10" short. The return line is not an issue. Does anyone have a part number for something that will work or do you another solution?

I don't have any part numbers or a correct length, but check out a hose from a 95 YJ. You may have to go to an auto store that has one on hand and measure it.

I went to a hydraulic supply store and they made me a custom on on site while I waited. Reasonable and fast. If you have a hose that is correct but short they may be able to cut, splice and extend it. At least you have a hose that has the correct pressure fittings so they can match them if you have a new one made.

e3fc8beedf29598382611f9abf1ec8b1.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I don't have any part numbers or a correct length, but check out a hose from a 95 YJ. You may have to go to an auto store that has one on hand and measure it.
Unfortunately, the 91-95 yj high pressure line is only 5 inches longer. I think custom is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the 91-95 yj high pressure line is only 5 inches longer. I think custom is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yup. Custom is the way to go then.

Took 2 days of asking and trying but...

Attachments

• power steering1.jpg
    power steering1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 21
  • power steering2.jpg
    power steering2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 18
  • power steering4.jpg
    power steering4.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 22
There ya go! Looks great. :chug: Make sure you have the dims and fittings rerecord in case you ever need them again. :)

There ya go! Looks great. :chug: Make sure you have the dims and fittings rerecord in case you ever need them again. :)

10 4 that. It was money well spent.

10 4 that. It was money well spent. I missed a pict earlier this little line is the one that goes under the reservoir.

Attachments

• power steering3.jpg
    power steering3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 12

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks