Polishing scratches out of soft top windows -- Novus Kit worked well for me

Polishing scratches out of soft top windows -- Novus Kit worked well for me

gillmore

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Northern California (Petaluma, Sonoma County)
Vehicle(s)
FORMER: 1979 Jeep CJ5 w/ stock 304 V8, T-150, Dana 20 transfer case, Dana 30 Front & AMC 20 rear, MC 2100 carb, 31x10.5x15 (8" wheels), no lift (HD leaf pack), Warn 8274 winch, ~99K miles.
I picked up the "Novus Plastic Polish Kit" this weekend to enhance the clarity of my Bestop windows -- even though they'll soon be removed for the non-rainy season. With the high price of replacement tops, I'm looking to keep mine in good shape for as long as possible.

My plastic windows weren't in horrible shape, but they had a few deep scratches (from brush), lots of little scratches (from looking at it wrong), and some black marks where the soft-top foam padding rubs. I wasn't going for perfection, but it worked better than expected.

If you can't find it locally, it is also available online at Novus 7100 - Novus Plastic Polish Kit - Quadratec

Another is stuff I used to use to correct plastic headlights, its called poly hog and its sold as a cleaner for soft boat windows when they go yellow from the UV. Worked well for me and not expensive at all.

Thanks for letting us know. I have tried Bestop's window cleaner.
url

This stuff also "removes" scratches. It works great. It's like a car polish so it's not as quick and easy as glass cleaner. You put it on and wait. Then you polish it off. As a note: never use glass cleaner on soft top windows. They will turn yellow.
Bestop also has products to clean thier soft tops but I didn't have good luck with them. My softtop was still dirty. I think the real issue is the denim tops are much harder to clean than the relatively smooth vinyl. Something to keep in mind when you need a new soft top.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom