Planning the 1st Annual Spring Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Planning the 1st Annual Spring Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Posi

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
54 Willys 3B, FI 401, T-18, ARB Locked, Hinkey Sidewinder Winch
This will be the 1st Annual Spring Jeep-CJ Trail Ride!

Place: This year's location is one of the world's best places to wheel, Moab UT.

Date: April 16-20-2018

Accommodations: Many hotels, condos, camping in the town of Moab. However, book sooner then later they go fast.

Minimum recommendation: 33” front and rear lockers. There is exceptions to the rule.

Itinerary:

Sunday night: meet and greet at Moab Brewery Moab Brewery: Moab's largest restaurant and only microbrewery

Monday: Hurrah Pass (Rated-2) and Chicken Corner (R-2) (total mileage from Moab 52 miles). If time allows, Gold Bar Rim (R-5) and Gemini Bridge (R-2)

Meet at McDonald's located at Main St and Kane Creek Blvd (you have to enter McD's from Kane CR Rd). CB-5

8:45 Driver's meeting
9:00 Leave for the trial
After the trail ride. Beer and food at Eddie McStiff's
King of The Moab Restaurants | Eddie McStiff's

Tuesday: Arches NP Tower Arch (R-5), (total mileage from Moab 48.5). If time allows, Courthouse Rock (R-3), Seven mile Rim (R-4)

Meet at McDonald's located at Main St and Kane Creek Blvd (you have to enter Mc D's from Kane CR) CB-5.
After the trail ride food and beer, open

Wednesday: Fins and Things (R-4), Hell's Revenge (R-6) (total mileage from Moab 21).

Meet at Gravel Pit Lanes (Bowling) 1078 S Mill Creek Dr, near Murphy Ln CB-5

Thursday: Poison Spider Mesa (R-6) Porcupine Rim 4x4 trail (R-5) (total mileage from Moab 43 miles)

Meet at McDonald's located at Main St and Kane Creek Blvd (you have to enter Mc D's from Kane CR) CB-5.

Friday: Top of the World (R-6), (total mileage from Moab 80 miles), or Flat Iron Mesa (R-6) (total mileage from Moab 50.5).

Notes:

Sand Flats Recreation Area: there will be a one time $10 fee per vehicle that will cover us for the week.
A $25 fee per vehicle for Arches NP (Tuesday's trail run).

NP's offer lifetime, and annual discount passes. One such pass would be a $20 annual fee for seniors.
https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/pa...P_JUMP_5088574
Most of the trails will have an elevation of 5000 ft, except Top of the World at 7000 ft
Hell's Revenge and other trails have go arounds to avoid obstacles if need be.
Nothing is carved in stone we can make adjustments to the trails as we go. I'm sure the trail mileage is not spot on, but close enough.
This run does not replace Dave's Ouray/Silverton trail run in August.

What to Bring
Your street-legal 4x4 vehicle, in good working order, with no major leaks or mechanical problems, and tires with respectable tread life remaining. We will be running on paved roads and as such every vehicle must be registered, inspected, and insured per your state's requirements.

-Lunch - We'll be eating on the trail as we go - not a specific lunch stop location

-Good attitude! We're here to enjoy our hobby.

Other Important Info
We observe Tread Lightly! guidelines, no exceptions. This means; respect for the environment and setting an example of responsible enjoyment of the outdoors. Pack out all trash you bring in. Tires WILL be aired down to limit wheel spin. Mud & water will be navigated no faster than needed. Our group will travel in a way that will minimize damage to the road and erosion. If you're not sure what is appropriate, just ask a leader or gunner for advice on airing down and Tread Lightly in general.

At this time there will be a 10 rig limit.

JR Updated as of 4-5-18

1. Posi and Uncle Ed
2. Bill D and Carol
3. Bass and Old Jeep Lady
4. Shooby
5. Bluerocket and Blacky
6. Ryan3793 +1

Read more: https://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f100...cj-trail-ride-28922/index4.html#ixzz5BpNVpJNJ

Waiting list

This should be a fantastic event!

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday's trail

maxresdefault.jpg

Tuesday's trail

Arches NP Tower Arch

tower-arch-utah311.jpg

Wednesday's trail

Fins & things

dsc_0293_copy.jpg

Fin's_and_Things.jpg

Hell's Revenge

Customer%20rigs%20%20moab%202.jpg

Thursday's trail

Poison Spider Mesa

Moab-13MAY08-PosionSpiderPortal-11.jpg

Porcupine Rim 4x4 trail

attachment.jpg

Friday's trail

Top of the world

20b7ea6b9b9b3dbe5a2cb6b2b791d1--utah-usa-moab-utah.jpg

Flat Iron Mesa

DSC00181.jpg

Last edited:
Man this looks amazing! :drool:

I don't think I'll be able to make either this year, but will let you know if that changes... I would remove me from the pending list though to give the spot to any others that are able to commit for sure...

I'll be watching this one either way - great idea Posi.

For anyone whos wondering, ALL of the people signed up so far are great to hang, wheel, and lounge with - you WILL have a fun time on this trip if you can make it. That I can promise you...

:chug:

Hopefully things change and you'll be able to make it.

1.Posi and Uncle Ed
2.Bill D and Carol
3.Bass and Old Jeep Lady
4.Shooby
5.Bluerocket and Blacky
6.Pistoldave 85%
7. 007 65%

Waiting list

View from Poison Spider Mesa Trail

Moab-13MAY08-PosionSpiderPortal-28.jpg

If one of the Mods could make the same change in the first post that would be helpful (I'm not able to edit my post after 24 hours). ~ Done - Jr

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be a blast. I'd love to meet up with you guys for this but I'm too busy and don't have any spare vacation time.
:chug:

Man this looks awesome i dont think I can make it this year but I sure want to go next year I’m also burning up my vacation time this year

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

11 weeks to Moab!

Poison Spider Mesa

poisonmesa4.JPG

Wow I so hope I can go next year

Sent from my couch using Tapatalk

Ahhhh... I want to go some kind of bad, but not enough vacation and not enough funds. One I will make it out west (hopefully with my Jeep)

Count me in plus one, assuming we can still get a hotel room and a jeep to rent

My dad and I rented a jeep out there about 20 years ago. Had a blast. Beautiful area. Could have rented a new jeep but went for an old CJ7. They had a whole fleet of older CJs. I wonder if they have any now ?

Ryan, good to hear! I know there is still rooms available, and pretty sure same goes for the rental jeeps.

1.Posi and Uncle Ed
2.Bill D and Carol
3.Bass and Old Jeep Lady
4.Shooby
5.Bluerocket and Blacky
6.Ryan
Pistoldave 85%
007 65%

8 weeks to Moab!!

Monday's trail
Main-photo-700x475.jpg

Add 1 more Jeep to the group! My daughter and son in law would like to rent a Jeep and join us! They gave us the "WE'RE COMING!" tonight. They wanted to do the same for Silverton, but they just moved into a new house last month, and they will be staying home all summer to tend to the newly seeded lawn.

Good news!!
We all look forward to meeting them both.

1.Posi and Uncle Ed
2.Bill D and Carol
3.Bass and Old Jeep Lady
4.Shooby
5.Bluerocket and Blacky
6.Ryan
7.Mike and Jenny
8.PistolDave 85%
9.007 65%

7 weeks to Moab!!

Last edited:
Dam. I wish it wasn't so far away. I'll be out there in August but this one is a little to early for me to attend. Beautiful country out there.

I changed from firefox to chrome and I was able to copy and paste. No need for notepad, thanks for the help Bass and OJL.

Basically the same layout except for Thursday and Friday. There are go arounds for everything on Golden Spike except for the golden crack obstacle. Again, these are just suggestions, we can meet over food and beer the night before and make any changes needed. The trail choices are abundant.

Itinerary:

Sunday night: meet and greet at Moab Brewery Moab Brewery: Moab's largest restaurant and only microbrewery

Monday: Hurrah Pass (Rated-2) and Chicken Corner (R-2) (total mileage from Moab 52 miles). 5-8 hrs round trip

Meet at McDonald's located at Main St and Kane Creek Blvd (you have to enter McD's from Kane CR Rd). CB-5

After the trail ride. Beer and food at Eddie McStiff's
King of The Moab Restaurants | Eddie McStiff's

Tuesday: Arches NP Tower Arch (R-5), (total mileage from Moab 48.5). Seven mile Rim (R-4). 7-8 hrs round trip.

Wednesday: Fins and Things (R-4), Hell's Revenge (R-6) (total mileage from Moab 21). 5-9 hrs round trip.

Meet at Gravel Pit Lanes (Bowling) 1078 S Mill Creek Dr, near Murphy Ln CB-5

Thursday: Poison Spider Mesa (R-6) Golden Spike (R-7) Gold Bar (R-6) Day long event.

Or

Thursday: Poison Spider Mesa w/loop (R-6) Where Eagles Dare (R-7) Gold Bar (R-6) Day long event.

Friday: Flat Iron Mesa (R-6) Picture frame Arch trail (R-2)

4 week to Moab!

Last edited:
Please disregard the last post.
It's just a copy of the 1st post in this thread
Work in progress.

Nor’easters starting to get to you?

Well, I have one more Nor’easters left in me and that started today. 50mph winds 8”-14” of snow predicted. That would make 4 Nor’easters this month.

Don’t mind the snow, could do without the wind and power loss.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks