pipe bender

pipe bender
I have a pretty simple question on this subject. Can you use heat to bend tubing/pipe? For example we used to use a set of torches to heat round stock to make bends usually 90 or 45 degs would heating tubing/pipe degrade its integrity if done a bit at a time to achieve the desired bend?

Seems like alot of work. I bought a bender from hf works good for what i need it for.

I have a pretty simple question on this subject. Can you use heat to bend tubing/pipe? For example we used to use a set of torches to heat round stock to make bends usually 90 or 45 degs would heating tubing/pipe degrade its integrity if done a bit at a time to achieve the desired bend?
I didn't Know if this would work , don't plan on bending any tubing in the near future was just interested in the thread and was wondering if this was an option.

making a consistent bend in hot steel is not as easy as making a precise bend in cold steel. It is easier to bend but more difficult to get the bend you want.:cool:

Ive got the same 12 ton pipe bender from harbor freight and it works great...

Takes a little patience and multiple minor bends to make a sharper bend, but i just put an old pair of welding gloves in the dye and it has never kinked..

Just be patient, go slow, and youll get the hang of it, WELL worth the money in my opinion.

Oh, as far as strength, i built front and rear bumpers for my titan and the ol lady's f-150 out of 1.5" .120 wall, bent it with the cheap 12 ton pipe bender from harbor frieght. We both have been rear-ended twice, (dont ask), and nothing more than a scratch in the bumper paint (spray-on bedliner, i LOVE this stuff), and one of the ladies that hit me totaled her car, and i just touched up the paint.

Attachments

• titanrear.jpg
    titanrear.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4521.jpg
    IMG_4521.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 65

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom