Pickup with tracks

Pickup with tracks

BusaDave9

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ5 with 304 V8, T18 Transmission, Dana 20 Transfer case with TeraLow 3:1 gears, 4.88 axle gears, Detroit Locker up front and Ox Locker in back with 1 piece axle shafts, 36" SuperSwamper SX Tires, Shackle reversal, MileMarker Hydraulic winch, MSD 6A ignition.
I have seen pickups that have been modified by replacing the wheels with tracks. Sometimes they look like gimmicks, cool but not practical. I have seen one here in Durango like that. The idea of the tracks is that they give great flotation. But when the front edge of the tracks isn't very rounded or high I don't see it being able to pull itself up onto the deep snow.
Then on the other hand, there are some that really look like they can be trusted to take you out into the snowy wilderness.
truck_tracks.jpg
This next one is an add-on that looks like you would have to put the truck in reverse to go forward.
270412_track_n_go_t.jpg

But now this next one is undeniably awesome. You guys got to check out this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I've always been fascinated with tracks on a vehicle. Been looking into building a set for my jeep found a few threads on other sites about building them.

Last edited:
BTW Dave I don't see any video

coldair this one's for you

Attachments

• 2344833652_20a3b76bff.jpg
    2344833652_20a3b76bff.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,731
Dang hit enter twice. .

Here's some Ive found that people have made.

Attachments

• americantracktruck.jpg
    americantracktruck.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 3,416
  • build2.jpg
    build2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 626
  • track46qo.jpg
    track46qo.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 6,437

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom