Parts diagram

Parts diagram

Hairball29

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5 304, T150 box, Dana 20 Transfer case. AMC 20 Rear and Dana 30 up front
Hi,

I'm new here and new to Jeep ownership. I just bought a 79 CJ5 304 which has been standing for 11 years so is a bit tired.

I'm working through finding the mass of new parts it needs and whilst I can typically figure out what I need, I could really use a parts catalog or a website that shows the exploded parts with their numbers and I'm having a hard time finding them. The manual will just state 'oil seal' for instance, but I'm trying to be more specific.

Does anyone know a good online parts catalog or vendor that shows things laid out that way?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm new here and new to Jeep ownership. I just bought a 79 CJ5 304 which has been standing for 11 years so is a bit tired.

I'm working through finding the mass of new parts it needs and whilst I can typically figure out what I need, I could really use a parts catalog or a website that shows the exploded parts with their numbers and I'm having a hard time finding them. The manual will just state 'oil seal' for instance, but I'm trying to be more specific.

Does anyone know a good online parts catalog or vendor that shows things laid out that way?

Many thanks in advance.

https://www.morris4x4center.com/replacement-parts.htm?find=jeep-cj5-1979-129182

The best part manual is a full service manual. I also have a just part manual on a CD that I found. Both on eBay.

First Welcome, you will enjoy this site, great group of folks with a wealth of knowledge.

You will need what I call the core sites, Quadratec, 4 Wheel parts, Rockauto and Morris 4x4 as stated already. Craigslist and eBay can be helpful at times, but I have never found anything useful in my area on Craigslist. I have used ebay once in awhile. However my go to site is Rockauto then to the others if they don't have it. Our local Napa has good selection of parts if you have a newer vehicle, but not for a 35 yr old jeep.

Crown and Omix are manufacturers of jeep parts which are let's say of low quality and should be avoided if possible, but can't be at times.

Good luck and have fun these things are very addictive.

Check out olIeep Collin's page for an FSM. He has quite a few downloadable manuals on there. Here is the link: http://oljeep.com/edge_parts_man.html

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Check out olIeep Collin's page for an FSM. He has quite a few downloadable manuals on there. Here is the link: Jeep® Parts Manuals online

Thanks, everybody. I appreciate the input. I bought the CD of manuals from Rock auto thinking it contained the parts diagram but I was wrong. I'm generally putting it together from the above advice.

This weekend's problem is removing a rear drive shaft from the axle. The manual wasn't kidding when it warned that 'this will not be easy', but that's for another thread

Thanks again

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks