Original stereo question?

Original stereo question?

Gasman303

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 Jeep cj5 renegade Levi , 304, 3 speed, all original stock
I have a 1977 CJ5 I just purchased and it looks to me that it has the original am/fm stereo in it?! The thing I'm confused about is I don't see anywhere it says Jeep or amc?

We will need to see what it looks like to decide if it's original.
this_thread_is_useless_without_pichers_small.jpg

I should have Jeep on it, from the ones ive seen

I won't bet my life on it but I don't believe there was an am/fm option in a CJ5 in 1977. AM only.:D

Your correct IO!! At least they didn't cut up the dash too much!! It would be nice to find an original stereo to put in there!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 510
Gasman I realize you are looking for the original radio, but thought I would pass this on to you as on option. I have been restoring an 85 CJ7 and found a digital radio that fits the original dash radio cutout--not a DIN cutout though.

Here is the link: RetroSoundUSA.com - Classic Style Radio Systems

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 4,751
Thanks Rickster!! I might be selling the Jeep! I just got a good lead on a guy selling 2 brand new Polaris atv's for a really really good price!! My 4 year old is going to hate me but I think one ride on the atv should cheer her up?!!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks