Build Thread Operation Money Pit

Build Thread Operation Money Pit
Update: Nothing to tell. It is still in the shop but I told them to take their time. Body on order and will be here in six weeks. Should be cool enough to work on Jeep by then. Only going to be 94 degrees today.

The body is here, or at the shop, waiting on the drivetrain to be done and then the CJ and the body will come home for me to finish up. I hate waiting. :(

My dana 300 blew up.

Looking good, will be watching to see the progress!

Still waiting to see the process. Getting frustrated.

Yup. This.^^ You always need to tell them you need it yesterday.

I would like to but the shop also is the offroad race team Letzroll and I pit for them during racing season so I sit back and practice patience.

Picking up F and R Dana 44 from a 1975 J10 that I guy is parting out. I will have to rebuild them but I am not in a hurry. Heck, the T-18 and Dana 300 sat in my garage for nearly 4 years before I got them installed. I get them tomorrow. Front is disc and the rear is drum. Gear ratio is 3.54?

Gear ratio is 3.54?
I would say 3.73, but you'll have to pull the cover and look at the ring gear to be positive.
Unless your cutting down the tubes their really wide axles for a CJ.

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - wms to wms chart

The above link shows the wms of the 74 CJ5 being 53 inches. I run 2 inch spacers so I am now out to 57 inches.

According to the link, the wms of the 75 J10 is 63-64 inches. So I am running about 3 inches wider on each side. It will work with the right rim and tire combo.

If my math or numbers are wrong then let me know. I take no offense.

:chug:

10" over stock. Some folks run 69.5" chevy axles as well, it all depends on what you like. I don't prefer the look as much, especially if their not running wider flares (looks much better with wider flares). I've chose to cut the tubes down in the passed. Again, it all depends on what you like and how you plan to use it.

I definitely see what your saying. I guess I will to wait and see and think and research on it. I have the axles. Spent 400 and I am not in a hurry. I had my tranny and t-case for 4 years before I even thought about installing them so, as you can see, I am not in a hurry. :ty:

I have reached my limit. I am going to the shop tomorrow and if my CJ isn't in the shop it is going home with me. It is set up to flat tow.

6ea6f9507d22db3758b6ab1c28dc50d7.jpg

It's in the shop.

They got lucky. I was going to pick iit up on Wed. not Tues. Almost shed a tear when I found out. :D

Well, the shop failed again. It's not done. I am picking it up on Tuesday. I am borrowing my neighbors trailer and bringing it home. I can do this at home. I am tired of it not being here and I can definitely work faster than them.

Well, the shop failed again. It's not done. I am picking it up on Tuesday. I am borrowing my neighbors trailer and bringing it home. I can do this at home. I am tired of it not being here and I can definitely work faster than them.

Let's hear the name of this 'shop' so folks know to stay away from it.
LG

I mentioned the name of the shop in post #12. I don't want to bash them or drag their name through the mud. This thread is about my build. No build goes without issue whether man made (shop not doing work) or nature made (rust). When I get it back I look forward to posting pics and asking lots of questions. :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks