Ok...

Ok...

susie

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Troubleshoot me. Or, well, my minivan.

Chevy 4.3 (right?)

I was sitting at the school a week and a half ago. It was running fine. All of a sudden, it shudders, and now it runs like :dung:. We have changed the plugs and wires, the egr valve is clean. He is thinking it needs head or it has a lobed cam. I had a 4. whatever years ago, and the cam lobed, and he thinks its acting the same, but its not. In the other one, I had to 2 foot it to keep it going when sitting at a light. And to fix it, he just swapped motors (dropped in a 350 small block.)

What do you guys think? Other than I need to get rid of it. I know that. But right now, I like acting responsible :D

Thanks for your input guys :)

I thiik since it started all of a suden you have a bad or cluged injector or possably bad fuel pump.

Is it TBI or multi port?

when did you get fuel last? It may be as simple as water in the fuel system.

Have to agree with with the Old Dog and mylittle said.

It could be water in the gas, a clogged fuel filter or a gummed up injector. Buy a good bottle of fuel injector cleaner, I love this Lucas Oil fuel treatment, it's good stuff and isn't too expensive. Give it a try first.

15385B75AC6DFF2DDC7EAB142CF2D9E8.gif

check for a broken vacuum hose. :popcorn:

Is it an Astro Van? I have a s10 Blazer as well as my CJ7 and it gives me problems every now and then. Is it flashing a check engine light? If so you can take it to auto zone and they will code it for free. Check fuel filter, fuel injectors (replaced my injectors on my last 4.3 3 times) ect...

Check out this link OVERLAND Vans

8" lifts!

Check out this project 4x4 Astro van Guy, w/ lite mods - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Best Astro out there. Check out the pop top and interior....

Yeah, its an astro van. Piece of :dung:... anyway, the service engine light is flashing. Took it to Auto Zone, they said it was a misfire (no :dung:...) so we had his brother bring his computer from work over, and it was on 1 and 3. The neighbor (Mr Goodwrench, he runs the service dept at the Chevy dealership in the next town) said he thinks its a head gasket.

Well... this weekend, The Spouse took it apart, replaced the fuel injection spider, and no change. He did not do a compression test. Hell, when he put it back together, he didnt even use water pump gaskets. He has decided to get rid of it.

But thank you guys for your input. I appreciate it.

Any buyers? :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks