Engine Oil Pan Question for SBC swap -

Engine Oil Pan Question for SBC swap -

Jfox195

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ5, 258
I am new here so hopefully posting correctly, I've been looking at the "Swap in a Box kits for this project, and see they come with an oil pan. I am wondering why ? Does the stock shaped SBC oil pan not fit? I am also talking with an engine builder and want to make sure we are on the same page as far as that goes. Thank you for any advice you could offer.
Jeff

Welcome. Avoid a car style oil pan. The oil basket should be in the rear to clear your axle.

Have you made any progress on your swap? I've got a 383 SBC stroker, with a hydraulic roller cam and Dart Pro 1 heads that I just pulled out of my '59 Apache. I've considered the notion of swapping it into my CJ7. Curious about oil pan needs, exhaust, etc, so anxious to follow your thread. I haven't even started research on a swap yet, as I've been content with the 4.2 at the moment.

Have you made any progress on your swap? I've got a 383 SBC stroker, with a hydraulic roller cam and Dart Pro 1 heads that I just pulled out of my '59 Apache. I've considered the notion of swapping it into my CJ7. Curious about oil pan needs, exhaust, etc, so anxious to follow your thread. I haven't even started research on a swap yet, as I've been content with the 4.2 at the moment.

Block hugger headers, either Hedman #68360 (less expensive with temp paint) or #68366 (more expensive ceramic coated). I don't prefer the long tube fenderwell exit style. Also be sure to check whether your choice will work with straight or angle plug style heads. I think the Dart Pro's offer some of either style.

Welcome. Avoid a car style oil pan. The oil basket should be in the rear to clear your axle.
Cool, haven't got that far yet but my sbc 350 came from a silverado, and I already bought block hugger headers, and will custom make the motor mounts.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks