Misc. Oem Seats fabric black denim

Misc. Oem Seats fabric black denim

Rustkill

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7 258 engine.
Hi, Does anyone know a place that sells the OEM Black denim fabric that is correct?

is this right? (Link)-> Black Denim Upholstery Material -<

I took some OEM seats to an upholsterer today and he said he was not sure where to get the Black denim.

i think they are in pretty good shape for their age.

I want to be able to buy the 100 percent correct fabric and take to him or have him order it. he is going to pull the seats apart pull the lower seat foam / leaving the high back foam so i can repair and future proof the lower frame from rust. the upper seems good.
I watched Cool guy video on you tube
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know I maybe stupid going this way and not with ones that recline i have had some bestop seats in the Jeep for years and years( non reclining) and I have never been happy with them. the seat is at a angle i dont like and too fat in the leg area. I did look at some of the more expensive ones online that recline but you cant tell really if they will sit like OEM or not. no one makes OEM reclining seats right? I really want the fabric to be OEM , I guess i could buy new reclining seats and have the foam shaped like the OEM and reupholster to OEM???

being younger driving the Jeep i dont remember having a problem with Original seats so i was going back with them. but maybe i will not like them and have to figure out something else.

thank you for the help
scott

Attachments

• drivers seat.jpg
    drivers seat.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 8
  • pass seat.jpg
    pass seat.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 8
thank you I tried calling Original Auto Interiors I used the number that the website has, but when I call it says it is disconnected

??? Does anyone know? I called 586-727-2486 I am going to email them but seems strange the number does not work

My opinion is I don't think you're crazy. The original seats are pretty good, even if non-reclining. Mine are a bit different than yours though, because they are Laredo. I think mine might have more bolstering on both top and bottom.
I kept 'em, but am having the bottom of the driver's seat re-done right now. I left it up to the upholstery guy to find the matching material. I trusted him. We'll see how it goes.
I'll ask him about his sources for obtaining denim.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
where i stand on seats cleaned up lower frame and I added some reinforcements. I have not sent to the Upholstery shop yet. I am going to do something a little different than the stock black denim, and i am going to make them look more like the Laredo seats. some photos of my seats and then a photo of what i will try and match with leather. going with this color or something very close. I am going to do a brown carpet that is a close match to the darker brown strips. I will get the dash/ visors and door panels covered and or dyed/painted to the lighter color. if anyone cares i found these seat covers online i just tried to look at their site looks like they are having issues they are out of Germany, site says their place burned so the site is not running right now. . I am not buying them, i am going to try and match them and have them done as oem stitching. I decide for better or worse that everything black like Oem was boring.drivers seat frame before top.jpgpass seat top clean with a little clean up.jpgseats reinforcement.jpg2022-09-12 16.28.49.jpgwelding on seat.jpg2022-09-12 16.24.36.jpg

On your frame, looks like you had at least 1 of the nuts spin/break off, just like I did! I had to do a bit of welding/patching too.

Like the brown(s). Hopefully you can get it close to that.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks