OEM Gauges, worth the money?

OEM Gauges, worth the money?

profire

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Laredo 258 auto stock, 1994 2dr Cherokee4x4, 4 popper 5sp RE lift
I found new OEM water and fuel gauges made by Stewart Warner but they are way expensive, 250.00 bucks. I'm thinking that is way over priced but I do not want to put :dung: gauges back in it. What do you guys think, buy em or pass. My CJ is getting a full frame off restoration when I retire in 4 years so didn't know if it would make a difference or not.

I put in a ":dung:" set of coolant temp and fuel level gauges many years ago and they lasted about as long as the oem ones did. The coolant temp sending unit recently read incorrectly so I replaced it and installed a mechanical coolant gauge for a backup which I like a lot better. A Jeep CJ guru named John Strenk has put out some great info on CJ gauges here is some of it:
The new Gauge Page
and Omix ada guage question / problem - JeepForum.com

I found new OEM water and fuel gauges made by Stewart Warner but they are way expensive, 250.00 bucks.
I really have to stop giving away my OEM gauges Haha.
I've given away so many OEM gauges to friends.....so yeah, my answer would be $250 is stupid high for those. Unless your planning to trailer it to all the top shows.

If you want SW check CL you can find a complete dash filled with gauges for about $50- $100.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll just go get the Crown or Omix gauge and be done with it. Kind of wanting the OEM look but may have to deviate to get better gauges.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks