OEM 82+ Center Cap Questions

OEM 82+ Center Cap Questions

YJeXtreme

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7 Renegade
So I have a set of factory chrome center caps I’ve been saving with plans to mount them on my 84 CJ7 Renegade when I bought new wheels. I do have one original 15x7 white wagon wheel, but just noticedthere is a small gap between the cutouts for the lugs & the center bore edge of the wheel...

Is this factory correct??

a0a669f5114ba140081bb5c6db423336.jpg

18c6642a9081a6be7fa515f4bd94983e.jpg
b4b6c6ba1e1de30d176c7d07a7b3aa13.jpg

ce0d9fee00f3f66b7e4d462ce2a87e3d.jpg

So I have a set of factory chrome center caps I’ve been saving with plans to mount them on my 84 CJ7 Renegade when I bought new wheels. I do have one original 15x7 white wagon wheel, but just noticedthere is a small gap between the cutouts for the lugs & the center bore edge of the wheel...

Never noticed it before but I have the same thing on my 84s

Never noticed it before but I have the same thing on my 84s

While caps arent perfectly centered in the pics, i’m curious to see pics of others before I drill my new wheels

Mine are centered and look just like yours

You guys know a source for new center caps that fit in the center of those center caps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure of a new source...

New issue & very glad i checked before drilling my new wheels... the front caps don’t clear (go over) my HD Milemarker premium locking hubs...

Anyone else have this issue?

They won’t go over my Dana 44 Warn premium hubs either, the Jeep hubs are smaller in diameter

Yea, i knew Dana 44 was larger. Apparently the mounting flange for the Milemarker Premium Dana 30 hubs is just large enough to be a pain...

I have thought about grinding that opening til my hub fit

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks