Odbii

Odbii

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Received my OBDLink from scantools.net today. I must say, what a nice piece of hardware! I bought the blue tooth option so I don't have to have the laptop connected to the module. -->> OBDLink scan tool/OBD interface - ScanTool.net

I also purchased the software ScanXL professional at the same time.

I do a lot of work on neighbors and 'friends' cars. Using my current hand held scan tool I never felt comfortable just swapping out parts.

I can say without a doubt - WOW! My neighbor has had an intermittent missfire for a few weeks and we couldn't figure it out. One trip around the city watching the real time data on the laptop and then a trip to the auto parts store - case closed! The MAF sensor was dirty causing a high voltage - triggering a rich condition of which the O2 sensors couldn't compensate for.

One can of contact cleaner - and we were done!

Check them out if you need a good scan tool! :)

Received my OBDLink from scantools.net today. I must say, what a nice piece of hardware! I bought the blue tooth option so I don't have to have the laptop connected to the module. -->> OBDLink scan tool/OBD interface - ScanTool.net

I also purchased the software ScanXL professional at the same time.

I do a lot of work on neighbors and 'friends' cars. Using my current hand held scan tool I never felt comfortable just swapping out parts.

I can say without a doubt - WOW! My neighbor has had an intermittent missfire for a few weeks and we couldn't figure it out. One trip around the city watching the real time data on the laptop and then a trip to the auto parts store - case closed! The MAF sensor was dirty causing a high voltage - triggering a rich condition of which the O2 sensors couldn't compensate for.

One can of contact cleaner - and we were done!

Check them out if you need a good scan tool! :)

For the price you cant go wrong! i checked this out and i really want one now because the hassle is gone with this you can pin point everything and fix the one thing instead of 8. Thanks for the link CJ! hope you and your family is doing well!

You should be very care full if you ever decide to purchase software like this. It lists and info can monitor every computer parameter that is available on the vehicle.

Example: On my Mountaineer there are over 700 PID's that can be tracked. It get's over whelming... :) It even tells me when the A/C clutch is engaged.

I'm having a problem with mileage and I believe my O2 sensors should be looked at - so I setup for my O2 sensors in the data track, OUCH! I see my bank 1 LE (before the cat) is having a problem
Is it because of the MAF or other problems? It could be the EGR return sensor. My left bank upstream cat o2 sensor has abnormal voltage settings but only after the warm up cycle is completed... Was that caused by the MAF giving false signal so the computer causing the FI's to richen up, and then O2 wants to counteract the problem?

What i want to say is that having the best diagnostic software in the world is nice - knowing how to use it is better,,, :)

The partial PID setup to monitor the O2 sensors on my Mountaineer.. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 05 16.21.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 05 16.21.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 127
You should be very care full if you ever decide to purchase software like this. It lists and info can monitor every computer parameter that is available on the vehicle.

Example: On my Mountaineer there are over 700 PID's that can be tracked. It get's over whelming... :) It even tells me when the A/C clutch is engaged.

I'm having a problem with mileage and I believe my O2 sensors should be looked at - so I setup for my O2 sensors in the data track, OUCH! I see my bank 1 LE (before the cat) is having a problem
Is it because of the MAF or other problems? It could be the EGR return sensor. My left bank upstream cat o2 sensor has abnormal voltage settings but only after the warm up cycle is completed... Was that caused by the MAF giving false signal so the computer causing the FI's to richen up, and then O2 wants to counteract the problem?

What i want to say is that having the best diagnostic software in the world is nice - knowing how to use it is better,,, :)

The partial PID setup to monitor the O2 sensors on my Mountaineer.. :)

attachment.php

Thats cool and i understand CJ i would most likely if i ordered it read every instruction booklet over and over and paid very close attention but right now i need to test a few things as my bank 1 02 sensor before the cat is messed up and im thinking my upper heater door control(the only thing i havent replaced for the heater) isnt letting warm air in, but i understand you saying know how to use the best software, and thats why i would be very careful if i bought it and made sure i knew what i was doing, i dont like going into a dark room without being able to turn a light on if you know what i mean.

Umm -OBDII does not monitor heater door placement. :)

Very good though, you want to be prepared. I went to school when my employer paid for it - but wasn't cheap and it was pointed.

I'm sure you can find universities that offer these type of courses.

Umm -OBDII does not monitor heater door placement. :)

Very good though, you want to be prepared. I went to school when my employer paid for it - but wasn't cheap and it was pointed.

I'm sure you can find universities that offer these type of courses.

I know it doesnt monitor it, i was just saying the problems with my truck, i sure wish it monitored those or told me where it was so i could fix it ha.
We have a college of technology that offers ASE certification for mechanics and what not but i dont think you can just take a course on scan tools i might have to look into it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks